• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

codec h.265 and Premiere Elements 2024

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Premiere Elements 2024  fully compatible with codec h.265 ?
Has anyone had problems when using that combination ?
I am thinking of the  video files produced by the Canon R5 camera when using the C log option.

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements can edit H.265 files but many people report having issues, even if they install the H.265 plug-in.

I'd recommend downloading the free trial and giving it a test drive with your video files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not h.265 will be an issue but rather the colorspace.

On a sidenote Elements does not have a proper color management to tackle log footage.

Best is to use Premiere Pro or DaVinci.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hoping to add to Steve's, John's and Ann's comments, I've had no trouble with H.265 footage from a few different cameras and two different Windows computers.  Premiere Elements does not come with the H.265 codec.   You have to buy it for $.99 from Microsoft. 

I've not tried C-Log.  Instead, I've tried S-Log (Sony) and D-Log (DJI).  The normal workflow for log is to apply a "LUT" to bring viewing to "Rec 709" normal.  Premiere Elements does not have a tool for LUTS so you can't do that.  However, I've used "Auto Color" on D-Log footage and there can be an improvement.   

That said, if your plan is to use nothing but Log footage, Premiere Elements will be a disappointment.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines