I have a project for Premiere Elements 2022 that i created recently. I wanted to export the entire audio track, do some EQing and mastering in Cubase and then re-import the audio file into Premiere Elements to replace the existing track. I am doing it this way because Elements is pretty limited with audio editing and I already know cubase.
these are the steps i followed:
- from elements, File/Export and Share, selected WAV format, Medium quality. I did try MP3 too but my preference is WAV so avoid compression
- Imported the track into Cubase, did my audio editing there and exported the results to another WAV file.
- Imported the editing audio track back into Elements and drag/drop it on one of the audio tracks.
- the result is that Elements will not play that audio track, meaning no sound comes out and there is not even a waveform displayed on that audio track like the others.
- I can play the Cubase exported WAV file in other software
- I can import a completely different MP3 file created by Cubase into Elements and it plays as expected and does show a waveform.
see the attached screenshot so you know what it looks like.
Copy link to clipboard
My guess is that Cubase is using an audio codec not supported by Premiere Elements. Can you share the file?
I have attached a small sample of in wav and mp3 format. the cubase wav file was exported at 44,100 khz 16bit which is the same as what i exported out of premiere elements. mp3 was at 192kbs, 44,100khz.
I didnt see any specific settings on the export page to change the actual codec used, just base settings like sample rate and bit depth.
btw, i am using Cubase 10.
I opened both of your files in Windows Media Player, Premiere Elements, Adobe Audition and Audacity. There is nothing in them. They load and "play" but there is no sound.