• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing videos created in previous versions of Premiere Elements

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Premiere Elements for a few years.  I love this software.  It does everything I need it to do for my very small service.  If I understand it correctly, Premiere Elements is not backward compatible with previous versions, which I found out the hard way.  I was in hopes of going back to old videos, sync them up to all attached elements, basically clean them up, then create an MP4 to file away (which, I realize I should have done at the time).  As I had mentioned, I have used this software over the years.  Is there a way to identify which version I had used to create a particular video so I can download it again (I still have a license for them) and fine tune these old videos?  I'm presently using PRE 2022.  Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you do identify the version you used, you won't be able to download, as older versions are no longer available.

Make sure you save your copy of 2022 as that version is also no longer available either.

Unless you registered your copies at Adobe in your account, then you will be able to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say that I should save my 2022.  What are the steps to do that?  I've been relying on the fact that I could go back to my account and pull up my old versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The "steps to do that" are to not delete/uninstall older versions from your computer.  Multiple annual versions of Premiere Elements will run independently on the same computer.    Keep the old ones until you are done with projects started in them.   Start new projects in  your newest version. 

Version 2022 is recent and you should be able to get a fresh installation file from your Adobe account.   As a user forum, we don't know nor can we predict Adobe policy.  Generally, for Elements products it is that "support" is only promised for the two most versions.  But as computers, operating systems and graphics drivers evolve, there will a point that older software applications become troublesome.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines