• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Error Message in Premiere Elements 2023

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export a video file in Premiere elements 2023. I get an error message when trying to export.prel file to mp4. "An internal error has occurred. Check if there is enough space on the disk."  Thereis planty of space on my hard drive, and I slo tried to eport to a large flash drive with no success. I opened and closed the program as well with no success. 

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Hi there. I am encountering the same problem that others have, but am not clear on the solution.

I have 43 gigs on Windows 10, and 479 gigs on Windows 11 of hard drive space, and am using both Windows 10 and Windows 11. I am trying to save it in a sub-folder. I haven't had this problem before, even on this particular video that I am editing. I saved it as a PREL file, no problem there, but when I tried saving it as an MP4 file, as usual, it gave me this error message just like the others in this

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

"Several gigs" is not enough space.  A rule of thumb is that you should consider keeping about a third of the disk available.   Rendering and exporting requires a lot of space for temporary files.   How big is your drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem today . Short version - premier elements did not like one of the videos. I re-encoded it with Handbrake (though I already had) and it worked.

The way I worked out what the problem was, I watched the progress bar and used that to work out approximately how far into the video the problem was. 14% of 276 seconds pointed me approximately at the video in question. I removed it from the project, encoded again, and it worked. That's when I re-encoded the video and it worked fine.

Adobe should really give more detail. Even if they just logged the error details and told you where the log was that would be invaluable, plus more detailed messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse the newbiee here,

But how exactly can I re-encode a video? I think I'm having the same issue as my project contains 4k 30fps, and 4k slo mo at 120fps. I constantly get an error on disk space - though I know this isn't the issue.

I am currently trying to export the project minus the 4k 120 fps footage to see whether that resolves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements can not handle well 4K video at frame rates greater than 30 fps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply, so I need to upgrade to what? Elements 2024 any better? I only want to upload the occasional YouTube vlog, I'm an enthusiast level wildlife photographer; not a professional and I make my living professionally from being a Service Manager - so if you're going to suggest Premiere Pro (& the monthly subscribtion it comes with) that's not for me. I will just lower the frame rate and quality of my video recordings and stick with Elements 2023. Not wishing to sound rude, or aggressive; but surtely in 2024 folk EXPECT to see 4K video.....

Best,

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I routinely edit 4K, H.264 video in Premiere Elements and have for several versions.   My footage comes from Panasonic, Sony and DJI cameras.  However, none shoot at 120fps so I can't "test" it.  Is your footage in H.265 or H.264?  Can you share a clip for me to try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

If I am reasding it correctly, then they are H.264 files. It seems to be only the slow motion files that are glitching; everything else in 24/30fps seems to render and load to the timeline fine. I can get the completed project to play (after rendering) online via Elements 2023 - it is during the export process that it crashes on me.

I have been looking for a way to convert the 120fps slow mo  footage to 24fps but as a total novice I have no idea how to do this - and the real problem is the project needs this video footage within it as it's a major part of the story....

So very frustrating to be honest...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can not edit 120 fps video natively in Premiere Elements, even if you "slow it down" to 24 fps.

If that's your intention, you'll need to use a program capable of editing 120 fps, like Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines