Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export Keyboard Shortcut Customisation to another Computer

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Is there any way I can export my Keyboard Shortcut Customisation to another Computer? It is really painful to do the customisation in all my workstations.

Please suggest. 

TOPICS
Export , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Actually I don't remember anyone asking before.

But you can find your custom-saved keyboard shortcuts for version 2021 in C/User/[name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Premiere Elements/19.0 in Windows 10. You'll need to have the Show All Files option selected to see it. The file is named whatever you named it when you saved it with a .kys suffix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say which version of the program you're using or on what operating system. But in version 2021 on Windows 10, these keyboard shortcuts are located in C/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Elements 2022/Keyboard Shortcuts.

If you're using the same version of the program on your second computer, you should be able to just copy this folder from one computer and overwrite it on the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve for trying to help.

The folder you have mentioned has "Adobe Premiere Elements Factory Defaults.kys" based on user language. The customisation I have made are not there. 

I feel strange that no one else felt like doing this before! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I don't remember anyone asking before.

But you can find your custom-saved keyboard shortcuts for version 2021 in C/User/[name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Premiere Elements/19.0 in Windows 10. You'll need to have the Show All Files option selected to see it. The file is named whatever you named it when you saved it with a .kys suffix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

🙂

I have managed to find it few hours back. I put an unique name of my customisation and searched my computer witt that name. Found it on your given location. Took it to another PC and 💥

Let's keep the conversation here so that people may find it useful in future. 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines