• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with seeing video feed during live capture.

New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere Elements 2020. I am pretty sure my internal webcam camera settings are fine. When I go to capture a live video, all I see is a black screen in the Capture panel. The actual video itself comes out fine, I just can't see it when it'se being recorded. Should I use an external webcam, or is there some obvious solution I have not stumbled over yet?

In the top left, it says "No Device Control." ...

I've gone through and messed with my webcam settings a few times, and nothing's changed.

What's the deal? What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What connection are you using to capture your web cam? Which Add Media option did you choose?

We're also assuming you're using Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue on Win10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you also facing with other apps while accessing Webcam? Also, please try the below steps to make sure you are using the right settings to access the webcam (assuming you are facing the issue on WIN 10):

1. Click the Search icon on the taskbar.
  2. Type “Settings” (no quotes), then hit Enter.
  3. Select Privacy.
  4. Go to the left bar menu, then click Camera.
  5. Toggle the switch for ‘Allow apps to access your camera’

If this doesn't work, please share the machine specs with us to better understand the issue.

Regards,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. No visuals when transfering just a black screen in capture panel and material is out of sync. I'm transfering digital tapes from a Sony DSR 1500 with a Magewell USB SDI capture card and it worked ok on Elements 11. Can you help please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capturing analog video with a capture card is not the same as capturing over webcam, defaultc.

Premiere Elements will not interface with a capture card. Prior to version 12, the program would interface with a FireWire card and a miniDV or HDV camcorder -- but that function has been removed from more current versions. And it won't interface with a professional DVCam unit.

You'll need to capture with a third party program in a format that is editable in Premiere Elements to edit that video in Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue! It happens both when I'm using the integrated camera AND when I'm using the external HuddleCam. I can capture video and it looks fine afterward but I cannot see an image while I'm recording. I'm using a Lenovo ThinkPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue with a USB webcam as well as the built in laprtop cam. Both work fine in OBS.  Is this a software design flaw or setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines