Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacBook Pro 2019 16" Temperature and CPU Usage

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have had my Macbook Pro 2019 for about 1.5 months now and I have been starting to mess around with video editing for personal/school use. My Mac seems to get hot very quickly even just working on very short clips when rendering. Is it normal to see the CPU exceed 210°F while rendering a short clip and use over 1,000% CPU power (6-core system)? I am coming from a Macbook Pro 2014, so I don't know a lot about how hyperthreading and video editing works especially with a seconds graphics card. Are there any ways to best optimize Adobe Premiere Pro for the Mac? I am not planning on doing anything intense really, I just want to understand more about what to expect with my new Macbook Pro and why it seems like it takes a lot of power just to do short video editing.

TOPICS
Performance , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even rendering titles requires 1,000% CPU power.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've posted in the Premiere Elements forum, not the Premiere Pro forum.   However, I'll suggest that video editing is commonly the hardest work you'll ask a computer to do.  It is normal for it to be at maximum effort. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem! and it seems to be an issue that's crept up. it didn't used to do this! i have a 2020 16" and this machine should be able to handle it better than it is. i tried reinstalling the OS and that helped for about a week before it started doing the thing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is normal for your computer to work hard when video editing.  That's what it is supposed to do.  What is it doing that you don't like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Instead of "a big leap" from a MacBook Pro 15inch full equipment from 2015 to a MacBook Pro 16inch 2020 full equipment (i9, 64GB RAM, 8TB SSD), it is a big disappointment. The performance from the 2015 MacBook Pro to the 2020 MacBook Pro 16inch has not improved from my experience as a video editor. The only thing that has increased is Apple Inc.'s share price and the CEO's bonus. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines