Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New notebook: PE14 crashes after 1-2 minutes editing without error message

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Forum,

for many years I´ve used PE14 without any (big) problems. Since last week I have a new notebook (Dell XPS15) and installed the software and was looking forward to go on with my movie-projects on the new, faster PC. After opening the software I started editing some film clips, the the program crashed and were closed, without any error message! I completely do not know what can be the problem and hope for any support here in the forum!

Thanks a lot in advance for recommendations,

best

Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing more, I would make to guesses.

One is that you should uninstall and reinstall the PrE 14 program.  As long as you have the installation code, you can download a freesh installation file.  Do you need the link?

Second is that most, but not all, of the computer issues here revolve around graphic card drivers.  Even with a new computer it may help to get an online refresh from the graphics card maker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the hints.

Uninstalling and reinstalling I already did, same problems.

My graphic card is a GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti, so you think an update of the driver could solve the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either an update or an earlier version may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Bob.  Unfortunately, problem graphics drivers are too frequently reported here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines