• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening old projects

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many video projects that were edited in Elements 10.  Can the new version of Elements open these projects or is there a conversion path so that I can?

TOPICS
Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely not a good idea. Premiere Elements has never been very good at opening older projects - but the leap from versino 10 to version 2022 is a particularly big one. Most likely trying to open a version 10 project in a current version of the program would corrupt the project file completely.

We always recommend finishing any project in the same version you started editing it in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer.  I was on Chat with support about a couple things and I asked about this and was told that 2022 would open a 10 project.  My plan was to not have any existing projects going when I did the switch.  But I do have some project that I modify from time to time to make a new or updated version of a clip.  It would bel nice to be able to open them and keep working without having to start over.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on my 20 years on this forum, I stand by my recommendation.

But if you do decide to try it, make sure you keep a backup copy of version 10 project just in case version 2022 corrupts your project completely. Or at the very least, makes it behave very strangely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am with you on this one.  When I asked about it on the chat, they came back very quickly with a positive on that.  First red flag.  My last update there was no compatability with the prior version (I did go from a pro version to Elements so wasn't surprised).  I have a full back up of everything.  I will proceed with great caution.  Thank you for you input.  It is greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thatnk you everyone for your responces.  I did get the 2022 version and so far, I have been able to open existing project without issue.  There are issues with 2022 as well as a learning curve as to how things work with the new stuff.  I have gone through the guided tours and that has help quite a bit with some little things that make a big difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines