• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 2022 hangs, crashes and text falters

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've bought a brand new laptop with more than enough specs to run PE 2022 and have issues ever sinds (5 months). I'm not able to run the software correctly and going nuts!

PE hangs regularly or crashes and the performance is bad. Rendering turns the video in crap image, so you can't see how the video is becomming realy. What is the point of video software, if you can't see what you're editing in real time?!

Even a simple test video with 1 video and 1 text animation can't play normaly, but constantly falters at the text part. I've tried a lot to solve it, but I'm out of options and nowwhere to turn to.

Some of the options I've tried: update videocard, hardware accelaration on/off, rendering, peripherals detatched, one screen.

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>update videocard

Did you update from the card vendor, or from inside Windows?

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
nVidia Driver Downloads https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
-for Premiere Pro (and MAYBE Premiere Elements) use the STUDIO driver, not the GAMING driver
If you have a laptop you MAY also need to check for a laptop specific nVidia driver
AMD/ATI Driver https://www.amd.com/en/support
Intel https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/211969/Intel-HD-Graphics-Family
There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements is reliable, mass market software from a major company.   It works.  With as much trouble as that, there are hardware issues somewhere.  If it were me, I would get remote troubleshooting from Adobe.  Start a chat session here:  https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with both my 20 and 22 versions, they were working fine but started doing strange things and have now both gotten to the point where they freeze up after adding a video clip and editing it or even adding two clips , rendering each clip doesnt help, I spoke with dell support about graphic drivers and they don't see any issues, I have no clue how or what to do to update the drivers, this is a new dell computer, I've uninstalled and re installed 20,22 and premiere pro with no luck,  don't know what pro is going to do as I'm trying to learn it because my PE won't work anymore, i have never had any trouble with pe before, come to think of it I didn't have any trouble until I got pro.........hmmm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jpaydirt

Does your Dell computer have a graphic card?  Nvidia maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its intel, so after looking at my RAM I think it's the problem,  my ram is 16gb but actual physical ram is only 8gb.  Do you think that is the problem?

I put together a video in pro but when I try to export it,  it gets to 7% and quits working and the only way out is to close the program 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something basic seems to be wrong with your computer.  I don't how to help in a user forum like this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I closed out as much as possible in task manager and got this short video up to 95% versus 7% before, oh and I restarted the computer before I ended some of the programs consuming ram, it's a new dell computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my ram is 16gb but actual physical ram is only 8gb.

By @Jpaydirt

If you have 16 GB RAM installed, but only 8 GB RAM is showing, then the RAM is either incompatible or improperly installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion, but I don't have an option for a chat session, thats the problem. I only have acces to the forum as far as I can see. I've been back to the store of my laptop already before my post here and they also recommended the chat session and I saw it on their screen, but I don't have that chat button with Premiere Elements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....... but I don't have an option for a chat session, thats the problem. .....

Carla,

As a user of the current 2022 version, you do have access to an online chat session where Adobe techs can remotely troubleshoot your system.  There is a choice for that in the Help menu or you can go directly with this link.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but I don't have that chat button with Premiere Elements. 

By @Carla23905194jfo6

Please go to Adobe Customer Service (make sure to sign in to your Adobe account first and allow popups on your browser):
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen will automatically open the chat window.
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person.

You may also be able to contact Adobe by phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much Bill and Bob for letting me know I should be able te see the chat button. Very helpfull.
I managed to see the chat button after I allowed al cookies in the cookie preferences area at the bottom of the adobe site.
I've also contacted Adobe, and they couldn't solve my issue yet, but I'm hopefull it will be soon.
Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated driver via the intel link you provided it was quite easy as it identified my computer and the update required so thank you................but it still didn't solve the issue of freezing up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion, when I mentioned the update videocard it was trough the nvidia driver downloads and that didn't help. I didn't do the second option yet for the laptop, so I did that just now, but no solution sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines