• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE10 - Nvidia Video Card Driver Roll Back

LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately there have been numerous reports of Premiere Elements 10 display problems characterized by NVIDIA video cards whose drivers were up to date. The resolution to the issue is presenting as rolling back the driver instead of updating it.

So now the list of those hit with the NVIDIA video card driver issue include

Joas Jose Gois (Johnnymaxx)

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 660 ti

320.40 worked; 327.23 and 331.40 did not.

FHS

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 430

March 2013 worked; not the latest.

bcstaat

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 760

320.40 worked; not the latest.

Mcasman

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 580

May 2013 worked; 327.23 and 331.40 did not.

Gregory A

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 760

320.49 worked; not the latest

HatBat

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 640

320.49 worked; not the latest

If you are not on this list, please let us know. I have tried to keep track for troubleshooting purposes, but may have missed someone. If you are a Premiere Elements 10 users with NVIDIA video card and display and related issues exist, please consider the above information.

Thanks.

ATR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 128 Replies 128
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2014 Mar 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rsmalec

I did not see your latest post until after I had posted mine.

I do not think you needed to go back that far, but consider what I wrote and go with what works for you.

Thanks for your important report on your issue and results.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2014 Mar 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another display issue from a Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA user and its resolution

Friedel Lenz

Premiere Elements 10

Windows 7 64 bit

NVIDIA GeForce GT630

Original Driver 327.23

Driver Roll Back to 320.49 to get Premiere Elements 10 to work properly.

Thanks Friedel Lenz for the report.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The oldest driver I see on the NVIDIA website is September 19, 2013 Version: 327.23.  That version did not solve my issue.  I contacted Tech Support and they sent me a link to version 314.22 Dated March 25, 2013 and that solved my issue:

GT 640 Video Card

Windows 8.1, 64 bit OS

Here's the link they sent me:    http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/59641/en-us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS-Newbie1234

Many thanks for that great post which will be helpful to those caught in this Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA situation.

All the details are much appreciated.

Best wishes.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2014 Mar 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I escalated the issue with NVIDIA tech support.  I don't know if this link will be accessible or not, but here's my request:  http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/account/questions/detail/i_id/616914

I got this response:

Your case is being escalated to our Level 2 Technical Support group for further attention. The Level 2 agents will review the case notes to troubleshoot the issue and find a solution or workaround. As this process may take some time and require a good deal of testing and research, we ask that you be patient. A Level 2 tech will contact you as soon they can to assist or point you in the right direction.

Best Regards,

NVIDIA Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2014 Mar 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS-Newbie1234

Your follow ups with very helpful and are appreciated.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using the February 2014 Geforce 332.21 driver successfully with the nVidia Geforce GTX 650 graphics card made by Gigabyte, with Premiere Elements 10 and with 64-bit Windows 8.1 Update 1.

Display, workflow, burning and produce to file are all working smoothly. CUDA is enabled for the GPU in the nVidia Control Panel. My display per the Asus 21 inch VS228N monitor is working OK with all programs and the web. It is unacceptable that Adobe have not come up with a patch for Premiere Elements 10 enabling newer nVidia display drivers to work with the program.

Hope this helps at least some users.

Regards, Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil

Many thanks for details of your successful Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce workflow.

I am a bit surprised that you are able to work with such a "later" driver version. Most the reports with a variety of different NVIDIA GeForce cards involved the need to roll back the driver to at least May 2013 to get Premiere Elements 10 to work.

Also, are you aware that Premiere Elements does not take advantage of the CUDA NVIDIA as is the case with Premiere Pro? You have to go back to Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 to see some GPU Effects and GPU Transitions offered in the program when certain video cards/graphics card were used. None after that.

Do you have any information to shed any light on any difference between a card with the name Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 650 and a card without the Gigabyte in the card name?

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ATR,

Version 314.22 (I think it was May 2013) worked well too. No, I didn't realize that CUDA was not involved, but processing is fast and smooth with Intel i7 3770K and 16Gb DDR3 RAM at 1600MHZ.

I have Cyberlink PowerDirector 11 Ultimate too, but use PE10 nearly all the time. Trimming clips and adjusting sound levels with keyframes are much easier and more accurately controlled in PE10 - which also produces better quality than PowerDirector for youtube. DVDs are good quality. Capturing is smooth. My system never freezes.

Whilst the 332.21 driver works without a hitch on my system, I'll try the brand new late May 2014 nVidia 337.88 driver in the next few days and let you know how it goes - if reviews (other than from gamers) look positive. When changing nVidia drivers I use their uninstall tool in safe mode and clean the registry before a clean install of the new driver. For the past 18 months, it's been a scary ride daring to try the new nVidia drivers - because of widely reported blue screens, etc, etc.

I'm not savvy enough to know the difference between the Gigabyte (or ASUS, for that matter) version of the graphics card and the one with the nVidia brand on it, but although the Gigabyte name is on the hardware my Win 8.1 system recognizes the nVidia GeForce GTX 650 model and the nVidia control panel works.

Regards, Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil

Thanks for the very great report.

I have been burned on occasion trying for better when what I had was not flawed. So,I am glad that you have a good perspective on these NVIDIA video card/graphics cards and their drivers.

It will be interesting to learn if the latest drivers being released for the NVIDIA Ge Force cards are still problematic for Premiere Elements 10 or whether someone found and corrected the problem specific to the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce issue.

Looking forward to further developments.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, ATR!

I've just tried the new 337.88 drivers and they work perfectly for me, just like the 314.22 and 332.21 drivers! I've captured avi with firewire, dragged to timeline, trimmed, adjusted volume, and produced file at top quality, with full functionality including steady, clear monitor in Premiere Elements 10. (I keep the monitor sized pretty small whilst editing).  Also good quality in full screen playback using Cyberlink DVD 10 (my preferred media player that uses hardware acceleration). All seems to be working well in Cyberlink PowerDirector 11 as well, with hardware acceleration and encoding enabled.

I googled for the latest nVidia uninstaller, downloaded, installed and used this in safe mode. (I had to google how to restart in safe mode in Windows 8.1, because it's not as simple as pressing F8 on restart as in previous versions of Windows). The nVidia uninstaller stops Windows from automatically installing display drivers on restart, so I was able to use CCleaner to delete temporaries and clean the registry before performing a full Custom Clean Install of the nVidia GeForce 337.88 drivers from the nVidia website. I had to specify my graphics card and operating system there, of course. The drivers installed without a hitch, and, as said, perform just as well as hoped. Flash Player, etc, performing well in YouTube and FaceBook.

My specs: Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 650 graphics, nVidia latest Version 337.88 drivers (May 26, 2014), Windows 8.1 Update 1, 64-bit, Premiere Elements 10 and Photoshop Elements 10, i7 3770K CPU, 16Gb DDR3 RAM, Seagate HDDs - separate data drive, Firefox browser, Avast Free (shields disabled whilst installing).

Like you, ATR, I was nervous, but it seems nothing ventured, nothing gained I know that a fully clean install is important with nVidia drivers. I will be interested to hear the experience of others, hoping the drivers work as well as they do for me in Premiere Elements 10.

Regards, Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note to all reading this thread and Phil's report....

Any current (as of June 4, 2014 and moving forward) developments in your Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce situation, please report them as soon as possible. That would be great news if we can determine that recent NVIDIA GeForce drivers are now free of any negative impact on the Premiere Elements 10 display.

Please be sure to include details

Computer Operating system (32 or 64 bit)

NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card name

Present driver (working or not working) version and date

Latest driver version and its date just downloaded from NVIDIA (working or not working)

Thanks to Phil and all who have contributed to trying to find resolution to the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce Driver situation requiring card driver roll back to about May 2013 in order to get Premiere Elements 10 display to work correctly.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ATR,

It will be interesting to hear how you go with the nVidia GeForce 337.88 drivers - and to read your computer specs. I hope that the drivers perform well and the monitor is good for other Premiere Elements 10 users! - Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ATR,

Have you tried the latest 337.88 drivers? Everything seems to work fine for me with Windows 8.1 Update 1 and Premiere Elements 10 - Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil

Thanks for the good news about the latest driver for your NVIDIA GeForce used on your computer with Premiere Elements 10.

My Premiere Elements 10 is on two different computers and neither has a NVIDIA card. So, for now, my information on these latest NVIDIA drivers and Premiere Elements 10 is coming from other users.

I will keep watch for the reports.

Many thanks for your follow ups on this important matter.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2014 Jun 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Seltiefriend,

Do you have a rather fast machine? I have seen PE10 working with the new drivers too shortly after I cleaned up my machine and it worked really fast then.

But when it slows down again PE didn't show the HD previews. Driver 337.88 didn't work for me, but maybe it depends also on the video card. Do you use a 32 or 64 bit system?

Regards, Jaap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2014 Jun 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jaap,

Yes, I have a Core i7 3770K quad core, 3.5 GHZ with 16Gb of DDR3 RAM at 1600 MHZ and nVidia GTX 650 graphics with 1Gb of DDR5 memory, with 64 bit Windows 8.1 Update 1 and Premiere Elements 10 installed on the C Drive running at 7200 RPM and with data on a separate physical drive running at 7200 RPM.

I don't use a solid state drive because the one I had failed quite early and memory gets eaten up quickly on SSDs. I use a 3MOS Panasonic standard digital PAL camcorder that connects by IEEE1394 firewire, I don't have a high definition camera. Premiere Elements burns successfully to DVD, but I create basic custom menus and burn using Sony DVD Architect Studio 5 because (unlike PE3) PE10 won't let you create a simple menu with your own stills and play options without chapters.

On the timeline, I use custom text, the odd exposure adjustment and mostly straight dissolves without fancy effects, but work a lot with keyframes on multiple sound tracks - to make community videos on a voluntary basis.  So, I haven't tried high definition or burning to blu ray (though I have the burner to do so). My non-fancy but sometimes intensive edits that occasionally run up to 40 or 50 minutes never crash the program or Windows, though I save quite often and use the preview monitor well scaled down.

I love Premiere Elements more than Cyberlink PowerDirector 11 for the opportunity to work intensively with sound, and for discretion to render at any time, avoiding crashes. The only thing that has failed for me with this computer has been uploading to facebook from PE10, so I export to an mpeg computer file at top level 5 quality, use Cyberlink MediaEspresso 6.7 to convert to H264 and then click in facebook to upload, rather than exporting from any program. I keep the computer clean and fast with CCleaner and defrag with PerfectDisk. I use Windows 8.1 with the Classic Shell interface emulating the Windows 7 desktop.

The drivers that have worked seamlessly with this system and these tasks have been 314.22, 332.21 and 337.88. Love Premiere Elements 10! I'm glad to read that 320.49 drivers work for you with 64 bit Windows 8.1 and nVidia GT610 graphics. Is that with high definition, Jaap? Do you capture from memory card and do you burn to DVD or blu ray?

- Regards, Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phil,

Thanks for you reply. It seems you have indeed a fast machine! Driverversion 3.37 is working fine for me if and only if I only edit SD material. Sometime I make some movies with my DSLR and want to create a HD movie. In that job I cannot use the 3.37 driver (or the 3.40 beta as I tried lately). I was wondering if it was a matter of machine speed.

I bought PE10 and don't want to buy an other program. The free version of Lightworks (very nice) also restrics me to SD material.

Regards, Jaap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Jaap,

Well, I do have a fast computer, but... I don't have a high definition camera. It's a very nice Panasonic mini DV with 3CCD (triple sensors), producing high-end STANDARD definition - but not HD! My computer handles capture, editing, previewing and burning in PE10 without any strain. The 314.22, 332.21 and 337.88 drivers have worked seamlessly for me - but only with standard definition material. So, I don't know how my Win 8.1/GTX650/337.88 system will go with HD. My intention has always been to upgrade to HD, but the cost of cameras with viewfinders has been a stumbling block so far. As an older person, I really appreciate the steadiness and accurate framing and focus possible with viewfinder - and the Panasonic is a lovely (SD) camera for now. I should find a friend with HD material to try out. If I can manage that, I'll post regarding how it goes.

If anybody reading can suggest some (reasonably brief) HD footage to download, and the means of importing it, perhaps I can try the 337.88 drivers with HD.

By the way, if I've understood correctly, Bill Hunt and others in forums have said that a dedicated graphics card (GPU) doesn't do a lot of the work with PE10. The program doesn't utilize CUDA hardware acceleration using the GPU that works in programs such as Cyberlink PowerDirector. I understand that most of the work in PE10 is done by the CPU. If that is true, the 8 processors of my Intel i7 3770K CPU with hyper-threading do their job well.

So, I'm very interested in your specs, Jaap, because you've been successful with using the 337 drivers with SD, but not HD. Would you please post them?

My specs:

Windows 8.1 Update 1 x64, free Classic Shell interface for start menu emulating Windows 7 

Premiere Elements 10,

nVidia GTX650 - 1Gb DDR5,

nVidia 337.88 drivers,

Intel i7 3rd Generation Ivy Bridge 3770K CPU at 3.5GHZ, 4 cores, 8 logical processors,

16Gb Kingston RAM - DDR3 at 1600 MHZ,

Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H-MVP motherboard

21 Inch ASUS VS228N 1080 LED monitor 

Separate 1TB Seagate physical HDDs at 7200RPM for data and operating system/programs,

Standard definition Panasonic NV-GS300 3CCD mini dv handycam.

Hope this info helps - regards, Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Phil,

My config:

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, original with metro program list

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E7500  @ 2.93GHz, 2926 MHz, 2 core('s),

4Gb Kingston RAM DDR2 800Mhz

ASUS P5PKL motherboard

Nvidia Geforce GT610

7200rpm ordinairy harddisk

I even can offer you HD material:

1. Download. http://www.fortnoknok.nl/noknok/download/_DSC6059.file

2. Rename _DSC6059.file to _DSC6059.MOV

3. This file can be edited in PE.

Regards, Jaap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil

Sorry you did not mention before the SD vs HD media source aspects of your Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA Ge Force computer environment.

As I have said, your report is the only one that I have seen out of all the rest in which a user was able to get Premiere Elements 10 to

work without display and other related errors when it was installed on a computer that used a NVIDIA GeForce card with the latest driver version.

We have already shown that your original post as a generalization was not confirmed by other user who had to use the driver roll back

fix. Consequently, I think it would be highly significant if you looked at this Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce issue with some HD footage.

There are numerous web sites that offer such samples for download as part of reviews. For informational purposes only, I would use the following site as an

example of what you might find, download, and try to use in one of your Premiere Elements 10 projects in your specific computer environment.

Canon 60D Review: Full Review - Video

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AT, Jaap and others,

Sorry I overlooked that I use standard definition until I read Jaap's post on June 13 clarifying that he succeeded with SD but had problems with HD using the 337.88 drivers. I replied on June 14 that I use a Panasonic PAL standard digital camcorder. Although I had given other specs, I guess SD versus HD didn't occur to me as an issue because I've always been limited to SD.

I'm about to follow Jaap's suggestion to test HD with nVidia

337.88 drivers on my system:

"I even can offer you HD material:

1. Download. http://www.fortnoknok.nl/noknok/download/_DSC6059.file

2. Rename _DSC6059.file to _DSC6059.MOV

3. This file can be edited in PE.

Regards, Jaap"

Regards from me, Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil

Thanks for follow ups.

Great teamwork great job.

Looking forward to further developments.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, especially to AT and Jaap,

I was about to follow Jaap's link to some HD footage to test with the nVidia 337.88 drivers on my system. I was opening a test project and I wasn't sure about project settings, as, until now I've stayed with the PAL Widescreen DV setting. This does remind you how a little bit of knowledge can be effective within set parameters, but there is so much more to learn!

Jaap - or AT - or anyone else - would you please advise the correct project settings for the high definition .MOV file to be imported for testing Premiere Elements 10? It is midday where I am in Tasmania, Australia, so I might have to wait 10 or 12 hours for a response from people at present sleeping in USA - but are you in my time zone, ATR?

Regards, Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil

The project preset needs to match the properties of the source media. Please give me the following information, and I will let you know the appropriate project preset for your test of this "HD" footage.

Frame Size

Frame Rate

Interlaced or Progressive

At this point, I am assuming the video and audio compressions of the file are compatible with Premiere Elements.

Not sure what you are using. When I tried to open your "download" in post 96, I saw meaningless symbols in a huge document.

I will be at the computer for a few more hours. I will be watching for the information and post a reply immediately.

I am in the USA. It is now 10:57 PM Friday June 27, 2014.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines