• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE10 - Nvidia Video Card Driver Roll Back

LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately there have been numerous reports of Premiere Elements 10 display problems characterized by NVIDIA video cards whose drivers were up to date. The resolution to the issue is presenting as rolling back the driver instead of updating it.

So now the list of those hit with the NVIDIA video card driver issue include

Joas Jose Gois (Johnnymaxx)

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 660 ti

320.40 worked; 327.23 and 331.40 did not.

FHS

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 430

March 2013 worked; not the latest.

bcstaat

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 760

320.40 worked; not the latest.

Mcasman

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 580

May 2013 worked; 327.23 and 331.40 did not.

Gregory A

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 760

320.49 worked; not the latest

HatBat

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 640

320.49 worked; not the latest

If you are not on this list, please let us know. I have tried to keep track for troubleshooting purposes, but may have missed someone. If you are a Premiere Elements 10 users with NVIDIA video card and display and related issues exist, please consider the above information.

Thanks.

ATR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 128 Replies 128
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ATR,

Sorry it's taken awhile to get back. That link to the gobbledegook was from Jaap, but when I opened the page full of meaningless symbols, I googled for sample HD footage to download and found some film trailers. I used the NTSC HDV 1080i 29.97fps settings for the MP4 file. I had been able to view it fine in my movie player - but sure enough, I could hear it fine in the PE10 preview monitor, but there was nothing but a blank screen when playing the file from the library and in the timeline, even after rendering.

So, there you go, I have the same problems as others, even with high computer specs. I'm sorry that I unintentionally misled this forum about success with the 337.88 drivers because I hadn't even considered the problem with HD, having always used standard definition. For the record, the MP4 file played fine in Cyberlink PowerDVD 10, and edited and previewed fine in Cyberlink PowerDirector 11 - with CUDA hardware acceleration enabled.

Meanwhile, I'm happy editing SD footage in PE10 with the 337.88 drivers, and prefer the interface to that in PowerDirector 11 - especially for complex sound editing - but will check how much it is to upgrade from PE10 to a later program version.

If I had a high definition camera editing in PE10 with 64 bit Windows 8 or 8.1 I would roll back to the nVidia 320.49 drivers of July 2013 as so helpfully suggested by Jaap.

I wonder whether this would be the suggestion for people running Windows 7, or 32 bit versions of Win 8 or 8.1?

Hope you are still awake in the US, ATR - I did the research and testing and had lunch before I got back to the computer and saw your response.

Regards, Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil,

Just about still awake at about 1 am here. Very interesting results that you escape the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce display issue when you are using SD footage. I would have to read back through the thread in the light of day to see if Jaap has explored the SD versus HD consideration of this issue.

Many thanks for your follow up and work on this issue.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, ATR,

Thank you for coming back so quickly, hope I have caught you awake this time. Actually, Jaap wrote on June 13 that the preview worked for him with SD-PAL, but not HD. Then on June 14 he wrote (I think) that after a big computer cleanup the preview worked briefly, until his computer slowed down. I'm not sure whether I have understood Jaap's post here. It would be interesting to hear back from you, Jaap.

Regards, Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil,

Just about to call it a day. Glad that I saw your latest post.

We will be watching for Jaap's updates and comments. Getting more interesting with each post of both you and Jaap.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2014 Jun 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ATR and Phil,

Sorry for the link that appears not to work in all browsers. In Chrome it did... I going to removed the content.

What I have seen:

1. HD content couldn't be shown in the edit preview with newer drivers (settings I use: DSLR 1080p, 24fps

2. I think I have seen the edit preview work shorty I have physically the dust from my processor, power supply, fans etc.

3. SD has alway been working fine

4. Text styling was completely mixed up with driver 337

5. Text styling and editing preview works just fine with driver 320

6. I have tried driver 340 beta (because de-installing and installing had messed up my machine I had a serious problem with showing pictures in View NX: Gradients were banded, a greenish glow was shown and darker regions darkened completely out: solution I didn't use the correct ColorSpace in my Windows Screen setting). With the 340 beta driver I have seen a old HD project working, but a newly created project didn't work.

I'm very glad to know that the machine speed isn't involved. I'm also very glad I have read that new cards not in all cases can be used with driver 320. I was considering buying a new machine, but I think I'm going to postpone it for a while.

Thanks for all your information and effort!

Regards, Jaap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2014 Jun 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jaap

Another great contribution to this Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA Ge Force issue.

Does Text styling work with driver 337 for SD and HD or just SD. (I was not clear on that since you say in 3. "SD has always been working fine."

Thanks.

Best wishes. Great job.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ATR, I ran up against the text-styling-incident when I was working with an SD film... I haven't test it for HD.

Great job of yours to collect all this info.

Too bad Adobe nor Nvidia don't want to fix this, Personally I think Adobe has applied a dirty trick, that turns to be bug with newer version of the Nvidia drivers. But of course, this is a assumption.

Thanks for you investigations.

Best wishes to you too.

Jaap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

October 13, 2014

An addition to this list of experiences with the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue

See

Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA problem

VDRAVES

Premiere Elements 10

Windows 8.1 64 bit

NVIDIA GeForce GT629 (updated driver 340.52); earliest driver available appears to be only September 2013)

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

November 4, 2014

Addition to the list of Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce experiences

from thread Visualization doesn't work any more with elements 10. No problem with sounds but i can only view pic...

Anton du Vauchuse

Windows 7 64 bit

Nvidia GT630

Driver version now:   9.18.13.2049

Date : 2013 06 21

Driver before : 344.60

Date : 2014 11 04

Thank you to Anton du Vauchuse for sharing your results with all.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2014 Nov 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another user with results from Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card driver version roll back

Carmen

Premiere Elements 10

Windows 7 64 bit

NVIDIA GeForce GT610

Driver Roll back that worked to get Premiere Elements 10 working for Carmen - 320.49, July 1, 2013.

Adobe Premiere 10 - Monitor panel not working

Thanks Carmen for sharing the results.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ATR,

Your info helped me very much:

I am using Premiere Elements 10 on a Window 8.1 Pro 64bit machine (Asus motherboard, Core2Duo processor)  with and NVidea Geforce GT610 graphics card. Initially I returned to driver version 327.23 but that did not fix the problem. Version 320.49 (actually for Windows 8 64bit) did.

I did not only fix my preview problems but also the problems I experienced with the font style for the Texts that can be added in overlay to the film.

I only experience the preview problems with HD films. The previews were shown correctly for SD-PAL video!

Regards,

--Jaap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jaap

Great great news. Great job with the follow through on what worked for you in this Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce issue.

The details and solution that you have posted are important contributions to the Premiere Elements 10 user with this issue.

Best wishes

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's easy to put all on the user. Please, this is no excuse! I use NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M on first platform, and GeForce GTX 560 Ti on second platform.

Your solution for the problem is sick. It's not the solution, but forcing users to use worse drivers.

I need drivers to be updated for others programs and games.

Tell me, what is your excuse, to make me roll back to older, worse drivers?

Because Adobe can't find solution? That's no excuse. You have people to think about it.

Where can I get back money for your program, that doesn't work?

Sincerely,

Marcin Szenk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marcin Szenk

This is not Adobe. This is a User to User Forum. And, I am not affiliated with Adobe in anyway. The Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce issue and the driver roll back resolution is the only one that is working to get Premiere Elements 10 to work on a computer that uses a NVIDIA GeForce card.

I take exception to your remark

"Your solution for the problem is sick. It's not the solution, but forcing users to use worse drivers".

especially that wording "Your solution". As unacceptable as it may seem to you, it has proven the ONLY* answer to essentially ALL who have run into this specific issue and want/need to continue to work with Premiere Elements 10. Neither NVIDIA nor Adobe is going back to this older program to find whys and fixes. I have no control over what either company decides to do. If you have a problem with all this, then please contact Adobe and/or NVIDIA and/or fill out one of those Adobe Feature Request/Bug Report Forms.

Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Do you get the message? - I am not Adobe. So your closure is misdirected

Tell me, what is your excuse, to make me roll back to older, worse drivers?

Because Adobe can't find solution? That's no excuse. You have people to think about it.

For further information on this issue please read the Announcement at the top of this forum if you have not aleady.

ATR

*ONLY. With the one exception from all the other numerous reports. See Phil's post in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I feel a little bit terrible about my reply, because I were "hot-head" - I don't know do you know, what I mean.

My attack was all about my anger - because I had to do something fast, which was about the money for me. Now it's gone.

So... back to the theme - I'm sorry for my angry, abusive reply - I thought this forum is connected with official part of Adobe as a forum, where people working for Adobe reply to the problems.

In mean time I got reply from the Adobe help about supporting the program and that they don't support it more than 2 versions back from the newest.

(If you still understand me, it's good, my English is poor, and I'm sorry that I'm murdering it. )

Now, when I'm a little bit better... I tried to go thru topics, but I didn't find solution for my card. Or I just missed it.

I use NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M and GeForce GTX560 Ti, on Windows 7 platform... and where can I find the answer, which "the newest" nVidia driver will work with APE 10 without problems?

Again, I'm sorry for my not very good, impulsive reply.

Thank You,

SzeM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SzeM

Thanks for the reply. I am glad for the opportunity to help you with this Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce issue.

You can find your card driver at the following link, followed by inserting your information in the fields to obtain the readout for the available drivers, old and new.

NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

For the GTX560Ti, after you fill in your information and hit Search, the page should look like the following

GTXti.JPG

For the GTX560M, after you fill in your information and hit Search, the page should look like the following

GTX560M.JPG

Many of the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce users found the needed driver to have the roll back date of around May 2013. But it is a trial and error process to find the latest driver that you can use without Premiere Elements 10 problems. The Phil's post is the only one of all these reports which says that he has been able to use the latest NVIDIA GeForce driver version in his computer environment with Premiere Elements 10. Details on how he is able to achieve this are currently under investigation. See recent posts in this thread for further information on that. No other reports have yet confirmed Phil's results.

My blog post as well as the Announcement on this matter at the top of this forum give more details.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/02/pe10-nvidia-video-card-roll-back.html

We look forward to working with you and others on this Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce, as user to user.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have GTX760 using Windows 8.1 Pro. Intel Core i7-4770 3,40 GHz  Premiere Elements 10

The two latest drivers did not work, Rolled back to 320.49 and now it works. Had to choose Windows 7 to find the driver.

OveE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ovee

Thanks for reporting those important results to add to the Premiere Elements NVIDIA GeForce Troubleshooting details.

You did a great job finding a NVIDIA GeForce driver version that would work with your Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Please update us if any future developments when your schedule permits.

Best wishes

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no video in the monitor screen, using NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770

DMH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

olblu92

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements running on? Please confirm that the your Premiere Elements is version 10. The Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce card issue is specific to Premiere Elements 10. Here is a copy/paste of the Announcement on this matter (fullest details and description and how to)

Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

If you are a Premiere Elements 10 user whose Windows computer uses a NVIDIA GeForce video card and you are experiencing

Premiere Elements 10 display and/or unexplained program behavior, then your first line of troubleshooting needs to be rolling

back the video card driver version instead of assuring that it is up to date.

Since October 2013 to the present, there have been a growing number of reports about display and unexplained workflow

glitches specific to the Premiere Elements 10 user whose Windows computer has a NVIDIA GeForce video card. If this applies

to you, then the “user to user” remedy is to roll back the NVIDIA GeForce video card driver as far as is necessary to get rid of

the problems. The typical driver roll back has gone back as far as March – July 2013 in order to get a working Premiere

Elements 10. Neither NVIDIA nor Adobe has taken any corrective action in this regard to date, and none is expected moving

forward.

Since October 2013, the following thread has tried to keep up with the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA reports

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1317675

Older NVIDIA GeForce drivers can be found

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

A February 2014 overview of the situation as well as how to use the older NVIDIA GeForce drivers for the driver roll back

can be found

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2014/02/pe10-nvidia-video-card-roll-back.html

We will help you if you need further help rolling back your NVIDIA GeForce driver version if you have Premiere Elements 10.

The roll back needs to be to about May 2013. The available older drivers are found in the above link

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a failing computer that was running my PE 10 on an older NVIDIA graphics card. My daughter built this awesome system with Intel i7 3.6GHz, 16GB RAM, DirectX 11, Quicktime 7.7.5 plus Picture Viewer, and a gaming NVIDIA GEForce GTX 770. She said, “Dad, your not a gamer but with this system you can run your video programs without any of the problems like you used to have when PE10 would just decide to quit in the middle of a process.” I loaded my PE 10 on the new system. Where’s the video image in the monitor? I’ve wasted the better part of a couple of days trying to find the root cause when I found your post.

I’m not going to do a driver rollback as I don’t know what that would effect within some other program. My grandson and I play some games that look pretty cool with this system. I’m going to try PE 12 trial version, and maybe the PowerDirector product for comparison.

I was responding to your request to find what other NVIDIA cards were experiencing problems, but thanks for getting back to me. I sent your response to my daughter who told me to upgrade to a newer product.

DMH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DMH

Thank you for the reply. Sorry for this outcome. Unfortunately this NVIDIA GeForce problem is specific for Premiere Elements 10. So, you should not be having this problem if you went to Premiere Elements 11, 12, or the new version which is expected to be released at the end of September 2014 (release date just a guess). But, whatever your decision, please look at the tryout of the product before the purchase.

The solution for the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue is the driver version roll back and that seems to be for those involved back to around May 2013. In all this time, there is no indication that NVIDIA or Adobe will do anything to change the situation.

Wishing you success in whatever your decision is.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions or to ask for clarification on anything written.

Regards to the family.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2015 Jan 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround for the Nvidia driver issues with Premiere Elements.

On my Windows 8.1 Lenovo Ideapad y500 with Nvidia GeForce GT 650M, Premiere Elements 10 stopped working after an Nvidia driver update.  For a while I was able to get it working by rolling back the driver, but then at some point the old driver that worked either disappeared from my system or somehow Elements stopped working with it.

I discovered that I could manually update the driver to Windows Basic Display Driver, and Elements worked with that.  (In Device Manager, select Display adapters/NVIDIA GEForce GT 650M.  Choose update driver/Browse my computer for driver software/Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer/Microsoft Basic Display Adapter/Next and continue to install.)

With this display adapter driver, Elements works -- at least on my setup.  You need to run Elements right away, because Windows (on my system anyway) will reinstall the NVIDIA drivers after a while.  As long as Elements was started with the Basic Display Driver, though, it will continue to work.  A bummer on my setup using the Basic Display Driver is that it does not support my second monitor (single screen only).

Then, further experimentation showed me that I could use a simpler, quicker workaround as follows.  In Device Manager, select Display adapters/NVIDIA GEForce GT 650M.  Click on the Disable button and confirm.  Some flashing and the system switches to (I believe) the Microsoft Basic Display adapter (my external monitor goes blank).  Run Elements.  Works fine. Leave Elements running.  Go back to Device Manager/Display adapters/NVIDIA GEForce GT 650M and click on the Enable button.  Screen flashes (my external monitor comes back).  Enabling is quicker than Updating, and seems less "traumatic".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since it looks like Nividia will not update drivers for PreEl 10, does anyone know of a good video card that will work well with PreEl10 and Win 7 64?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

genesmachine

Did you try the NIVIDIA GeForce roll back to May 2013 which should work with Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 64 bit?

Those with 10 on Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit have not been able to use this roll back fix since the NVIDIA GeForce driver versions do not go back

far enough for those operating systems.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE10: NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

In the following, plug in your information to get the needed May 2013 driver to fit the information that you plug-in.

NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

Please let us know if that works for you with 10 on Windows 7 64 bit or whether it restricts you in other areas of your computer applications.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines