• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements video capture problem

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Premiere Elements 12 to capture video from USB input, 'capture from webcam' selected.  It works fine but only for one to one and a half minutes.  After that, the video continues to play in the capture window, but nothing is captured.   This happens no matter where in the tape I begin so it doesn't appear to have anything to do with the source material.  Is there a timeout setting or something similar that I don't know about?  My setup consists of a Sony TR-7000 camcorder, an AV-to-HDMI converter and an HDMI-to-USB capture device all leading into a USB port on a pretty fast computer.

I'd be grateful for any help you could offer.

Dennis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your set up is not going to work, the TR7000 is a Digital 8 camera which means you capture the tape with firewire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

The TR-7000 camcorder has S-video and composite outputs but no FireWire connection.  Running its composite outputs through the setup I've described does produce a USB input to the computer that can be and is captured by PE via the "Webcam or WDM" capture option.  The problem is not that it can't be captured.  The problem is that it only captures for a minute or two and them stops capturing even though the video keeps playing and continues to be displayed in the PE capture window. It appears to still be capturing the video but after the first minute or two the video is not really captured.  The question is, what can stop PE capturing (other than clicking on the PE pause button)?  To be clear, the captured minute or two is transferred to the timeline and can be manipulated, saved and recalled as you would expect from a captured video/audio signal.  

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Page 48 of the manual: I-link. (left below the lens).

If you have a desktop install a firewire card and you can capture with E12 in DV-avi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann is most definitely right. Every digital tape camcorder (miniDV and Digital8) has an IEEE-1394 FireWire output jack, and porting it to your computer via FireWire is the ideal way to capture your video. In fact, it is the only way to capture your video if you want Premiere Elements 12 to control the whole process. The process is also lossless, and your captured video will be identical to the video on the digital tape.

However, short of that you can capture over USB using third-party software and hardware, just as you could while capturing analog video. It's a manual process and you can't control the camcorder or the process from the program, but the captured video will be editable and of excellent quality if you use the right equipment. My tutorial shows you the best hardware to use for doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, my camcorder does not have a FireWire output so I've been trying to reconcile what I see with what these replies say and I have discovered the problem.  It's a stuttering index finger.  In my original posting I typed the model of camcorder as TR-7000.   In fact, it's a TR-700!   I apologize for the mistake and go wasting your time because of it.  

So now that I've straightened that out, I still have the original problem, namely, that while capturing video via the USB input (which does work) PE records for a while (60-90 seconds) and then stops recording even though the tape keeps playing and the video continues showing in the capture window.  
Any idea what might be causing this to happen?

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines