• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 10 Hangs at Loading Importerquicktime.prm then resets

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2012 Jan 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the Premiere Elements 10, and installed all the discs onto my 64 bit Windows 7 computer. It opens up the screen for "organize, new project, open project" and when selecting New Project it opens a load screen, and then closes and goes back to the main screen after it gets to "loading importerquicktime.prm"

I just downloaded teh newest quicktime, and still isn't working

I have AVG security software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same S_H_I_T still...It just stops loading at "LoadingQuickTime.prm"

Adobe:Isn't it about time to fix this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have installed Premiere 11, but still same problem - with 2 different computers ???

Is it just me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program works fine on Windows 7 64-bit. I've been running it on mine fine for works.

Have you manually gone to Windows Update and downloaded even the non-critical updates (the ones that don't download automatically)?

Have you run Disk Cleanup and Defragment?

Have you reset your licensing, per the FAQs to the right of this forum?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/542377?tstart=0

Have you ensured you have the latest 64-bit version of Quicktime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, standard procedure - every day

Yes.

Yes.

What is latest 64-bit version number?

Today I have this

QuickTime.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I know of no reason this should be happening. As I said, it's not been my experience at all, and I've been using the program on Windows 7 64-bit for weeks. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Misery loves company I guess - I have the same problem.  I've tried everything suggested here, have the latest drivers and latest everything.  Seems to bea  bug in the program running in 64 bit environment.  Hopefully someone will come up with a solution and post it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2012 Nov 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Status 25. november 2012

EVERYTHING is running as expected on my computers, but Adobe Premiere Elements 11

What is wrong with this product? And why does it stop loading at "LoadingQuickTime.prm"? On every of my computers?

Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 is running 100% - so far - on every computer....

I did my purchase of Elements + Premiere 11 on date of release and downloaded software. My first problem, and reason to contact Adobe Support was because their automated system didn't create a specific serial number for Premiere part of the package. Later I got my serial number, so at first I had to start with my "Trial Version". I did my purchase on 26. september 2012 and 30 days of Trial was about to start......

Today I am still trying to find out what is the problem, and I am looking....and staring.....at my computer screens......

And I still have that 30-day Trial Version active?!!!

Here is a picture of my startup screen...in the moment of crash & burn

http://flageborg.no/foto/adobe/DSC_6428.jpg

Message was edited by: flageborg - photo upload failed by Adobe system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PrE uses QT Player, where PSE does not. The hanging at the QT PRM concerns a module in QT Player, and indicates that it is not loading properly.

Also, the OP had a Lenovo, and was having trouble getting the latest video driver to install. I did not see your make/model of graphics card/chip, or the driver version and date, but might have missed that. Have you checked with the mfgr's. Web site, and then downloaded and installed the very latest driver?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Computer A:

Acer Aspire 8950G use Radeon HD 6650M and latest video drivers are located here:

http://support.acer.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?tab=1&modelId=3448

I have the latest drivers installed.

(Radeon HD 6850M & Radeon HD 6650M)AMD8.783.2.0000250.5 MB12/06/2010

Here is info from "My Computer"

http://flageborg.no/foto/adobe/Acer_Aspire_8950G.jpg

Computer B:

HP ProBook 6555b use ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 Graphics

Here is info from "My Computer"

http://flageborg.no/foto/adobe/HP_ProBook_6555b.jpg

Regards

Flageborg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that 12, 2010 really the latest AMD/ATI driver for the Radeon?

AMD/ATI & nVidia, normally issue updates about one per month, but then with some really old cards, might essentially drop support.

Even though my nVidia Quadro FX-4500 is now 5 years old, the drivers come out about every other month, and the latest is 11/19/2012.

Now, HP often re-packages the video drivers, whether from AMD or nVidia, so one is often limited to ONLY the HP version of a driver, but they are usually pretty good getting those re-packaged drivers out quickly.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what i found about my HP ProBook 6555b:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=id&prodNameId=4174173&...

ATI Video Driver and Control Panel8.722.1-100408A-098374C  System Software Manager Icon
25 May 2010
121.356K: 4h
512K: 32m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, those drivers are not being updated at all. Looks like they are both stuck in 2010, so about 20 mos. have gone by, without an update.

I do not know what to suggest in that case.

Both AMD and nVidia normally issues updates almost every month, until a card is dropped from their active list. Then, one is stuck with the older drivers, and if they cause issues, the only recourse is to replace with a newer card.

Good luck, and wish that I had more to offer.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest update - as from january 2014

to Elements Premiere 12 on my HP 6555b - the program states "incompatible graphics adapter"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expreienced the same with Premiere Elements 10 and 11 and 12 with PCs with Intel Video chips. The problem is resolved:

"My Documents" was located at remote drive. I changed it to local folder and the problem is gone...

My  PCs are in AD (Samba) domain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it relates to flageborg's post 50 in this old thread, problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes.

Please refer to my comments to flageborg in post 50 of this thread.

Thank you.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flageborg

I have not figured out how and why you have posted in this particular thread with topic "Premiere Elements 10 Hangs at Loading Importerquicktime.prm then resets". Rather, for your advantage and as a help to all who may be interested in your particular issue, I would suggest that you start your own new thread on your issue which relates to a display card error message.

The fix that you received from

ねこたんこっちむいて,

seems to be one that worked for that user, but is not the usual effective troubleshooting for what you describe.

The first approach to the issue that you describe

a. go to the web site of the manufacturer of your video card and determine that you have the latest video card driver version (in your case, HP web site may be the primary site for such a verification, check it out)

b. if your video card driver is up to date, then delete the BadDrivers.txt file.

Another consideration is whether your computer uses two, instead of one, video cards.

Answers are in the details, top ones being version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system it is running on.

We will be watching for your follow up in your own new thread.

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have not figured out how and why you have posted in this particular thread with topic "Premiere Elements 10 Hangs at Loading Importerquicktime.prm then resets". Rather, for your advantage and as a help to all who may be interested in your particular issue, I would suggest that you start your own new thread on your issue which relates to a display card error message."

Maybe if you read this thread from the beginning....it all relates....no need to start another thread.

To sum it up - my computer HP 6555b - and the "Importerquicktime" problem with Premiere 10 and Premiere 11 has now been "solved" in Premiere 12.

I need a new computer...my case is closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flageborg

I have read this thread from the start and read its evolutions from 2012 - 2013 - 2014 via your updates and the replies of others. That is apparently convenient for you. My comment about starting a new thread was offered as a suggestion to help all to avoid missing their sought after topic buried under an unrelated thread title.

My comment about starting a new thread is related to what seemed to be your latest 2014 problem/report/update in a thread with 50 posts....

50. flageborg,

Jan 19, 2014 1:49 AM    in reply to flageborg 

Latest update - as from january 2014

to Elements Premiere 12 on my HP 6555b - the program states "incompatible graphics adapter"...

which is appearing in your thread titled "Premiere Elements 10 Hangs at Loading Importerquicktime.prm Then Resets".

If Premier Elements user is looking for troubleshooting on "display card errors" and solutions, he or she will overlook the contributions of you and others on "display card errors" if the topic is buried under an unrelated title. And, if a fellow user browses the forum's current thread titles looking for questions that he or she has answers for, he or she is unlikely to find your 2014 question under your thread's title.

When you say your case is closed, does that relate to the Importerquicktime.prm loading or the display card error of Premiere Elements 12? And, which one of those is the new computer fixing?

If you need additional assistance on display card error or other in this thread or any place else, please do not hesitate to let us know. We look forward to the opportunity to be of assistance. However, if as you say, case closed, so be it...no response expected.

Continued success.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Status update:

My Display Drivers are updated after contact with Acer Support, and version is now

8.901.4.0 dated 13th October 2011, but problem still remains.....

Finally, I got a solution named CyberLink PowerDirector 11 (64-bit)

and made my movie without Premiere Elements 11...at last.

Test-project produced with Nikon D7000,

Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 APO OS HSM @ 400mm and
Zoom H1 with Røde Dead Cat.
Editing done with Cyberlink Power Director 11(64bit)
Manfrotto Tripods

Photo from location @ 400mm
http://flageborg.no/foto/50_500mm/DSC_0712_1024_cr.jpg
http://flageborg.no/foto/50_500mm/DSC_0725_1024_cr.jpg

Spectrum Lab (Audio Signal Analyser)
http://flageborg.no/foto/50_500mm/Birds_in_Motion_spectrum.jpg

Maybe I should by a new computer for Christmas...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

Update since Dec 19th 2012...

What have You done in the last months? You Adobe guys....please explain

What have I done to my computer since last time I tried to get Premiere 11 up & running? NOTHING!

Today my Premiere Elements 11 is operational.....I think

http://flageborg.no/foto/premiere/Premiere_11_ItsALive.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, first movie with Premiere released, BUT what is wrong here? Where is my Titles and Endings text?

http://flageborg.no/foto/premiere/Premiere_11_Movie_Header.jpg

Why is my text turned into squares...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those "boxes" indicate a font, that PrE could not display. All Adobe programs are very, very sensitive to fonts, and Titler is probably the most sensitive.

What font was chosen?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have not chosen any font, yet....must be system defaults?

Where do I change default font in Premiere for "Instant Movie" function?

Regards

Flageborg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I have never used Instant Movie. However, I will bet that others will be able to give you advice using it.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you...I will keep on trying

Regards

Flageborg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines