• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 10 Hangs at Loading Importerquicktime.prm then resets

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2012 Jan 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the Premiere Elements 10, and installed all the discs onto my 64 bit Windows 7 computer. It opens up the screen for "organize, new project, open project" and when selecting New Project it opens a load screen, and then closes and goes back to the main screen after it gets to "loading importerquicktime.prm"

I just downloaded teh newest quicktime, and still isn't working

I have AVG security software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did some experiemnts with Instant Movie.

For your Title, in Expert Mode, you would first Select your Instant Movie Clip (everything appears as one big Clip now). Rt-click on it, and choose Break Apart. That will change that one big Clip into all of the various elements, used by Instant Movie. There will likely be several Video Tracks, with Clips on them. You might have to scroll up/down to find the Titles. Just hover your Cursor over the various Clips near the beginning of the Timeline, until you find the Title. Dbl-click on that, to open it in PrE's Titler. There, you will be able to Select the Objects in that Title, like the main Text Object. You can Select that with either the Selection Tool (the "arrow"), or with the Text Tool (the "T"). Once you have the desired Text Object (if there is more than one), you will see the Font selection drop-down, under the Text Tab in the panel to the right in Titler. What font is shown? If you change that font, does your Title now display properly? As you will likely have two Titles, one with the Instant Movie's chosen name, and one for the end-credits. I would explore both, as they probably used the same font, when created.

Good luck, and hope that helps,

Hunt

PS - thanks for your question, as it got me thinking and experimenting, so I learned something there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2012 Nov 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installing Standard VGA drivers and try to launch the application :

1. Open Device manager and expand display adapters
  2. Right click on  graphic card and choose update drivers
  3. In Update driver software wizard choose second option (Browse my computer for driver software) and click on next
  4. In next screen choose second option (Let Me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer)
  5. In next screen you will get a list of display driver choose Standard VGA Graphics Adapter and click on next
  6. Reboot your computer
  7. After reboot adjust the screen resolution by right clicking on blank area of your desktop screen > Screen Resolution

if you are able to launch application that means problem is with display card driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exectly the same problem. PE 11 won't launch.3 The startup screen stays on the 'loading importerquicktime.prm' stage.

I've tried a lot of things (installing the last graphic drivers, launching PE directly via 'run as Administrator' - the only way to have the startup screen, etc...)

I'm a bit disapointed.

I'm under Win8 64bits with 16Gb RAM. My Graphix Card is a GeForce GTX 560

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please confirm that you've gone to Windows Update and manually downloaded even the non-critical updates, that you've downloaded the latest version of Quicktime and that you've followed all of the suggestions above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have installed all Windows update fixes (critical and non critical). I've also downloaded and installed Quicktime 7.7.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to contact Adobe Tech Support. Something is going on with your system that's too deep for us to troubleshoot on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what worked for me.

I was using a Dell docking station with two monitors, one with an analog connection and the other was digital.  All drivers were up to date but the digital output was the culprit. When I extended my desktop to the digital monitor and launched Premiere, it stopped at ImporterQuicktime.prm and would not fully launch.  When I extended to the analog monitor or just the laptop monitor it worked fine.

Hope this helps.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 Enterprise x64 taking 3 minutes to launch as it hangs on "Loading ImporterQuicktime.prm". I went through all of the troubleshooting I could find and nothing worked. When I unplug the network cable, Premiere Elements 11 loads right away. I can't tell the end user to unplug from the network when they fire up Premiere Elements. Is the only fix for this to jump up to Premiere Elements 12?

Just to go through the list of stuff I've checked:

• System meets minimum requirements
  • All Windws Updates are installed
  • Uninstall antivirus
  • Video driver is updated from manufacturer's website
  • Reinstalled Quicktime
  • My Documents are local and not on the network
  • Hard disk is 1% fragmented, a TB drive with very little installed, plenty of free space, done chkdsk and sfc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bucksnortland

This is a 2 year old thread with a lot of traffic in it. I had to go back and find out who the DougBairdComedy was to whom you directed your response.

That ID turned out to be the originator of the thread!! I am still reading the thread to determine if the thread originator's problem was solved and how.

Premiere Elements 11 and 12 are very similar. Anything is possible, but I think it highly unlikely that moving from Premiere Elements 11 to Premiere Elements 12 should be expected to resolve the issue which seems to be presenting in your case as a network problem.

But, you can easily prove the point one way or the other by downloading and installing the Premiere Elements 12 tryout from Adobe and finding out first hand its compatibility with your computer environment as well as your project goals.

What kind of network is involved - home, company, or school?

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a heavily firewalled/proxy corporate network. To test that, I moved the machine to an external network without any of the network restrictions. And it loaded just fine. So this makes me wonder if Premiere Elements or the Quicktime plugin need to phone home in order to launch. It wouldn't surprise me if Apple updates are blocked all the way around on this network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BuckSnortland

Thanks for the additional information.

As you suggest, it is probably the firewalled/proxy corporate network at the core of the issue. Is there anyway that you can write permissions to see if you can support what seems to be the case?

If you ever do try the looking at the Premiere Elements 12 tryout for troubleshooting purposes, it would be interesting to document the results. Right now I am not seeing that as a solution as might have been suggested by another.

We will be watching for your progress if your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...Both Premiere Elements and QuickTime need to be run from a User Account with Administrative Privileges and often with Run As Administrator applied as well. Please remind me what you have done about this consideration in what you are presently doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been logged in as administrator during the testing. Even doing a "Run As Administrator" did not correct it.

I'll work with the network team to do a capture while Premiere is loading to see what the network traffic is looking like.

I see the task "Adobe QT32 Server.exe" running while Premiere is loading. This task points to the install directory for Premiere Elements 11. I'm not sure if this process is causing the hang-up or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BuckSnortland

Thanks for the reply.

We will be looking forward to the results from your work with the network team.

Online there are numerous links for "fixing" Adobe QT 32 Server.exe issues. I am not sure if any of the fixes really or whether the promotion is for the site's scanner. If I recall, I have seen mention the the Adobe QT 32 Server.exe is part of Adobe Media Core CS6????

For Premiere Elements 11

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 11

Have you checked the permissions for the file under its Properties/Security?

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a solution to the problem!!!!

To get Adobe Premier Pro CC or any other program with the importerquicktime.prm error to stop occurring is very simple; Adobe creates a special user profile for the program from what I was able to not delete that creates this importer error. All one has to do is create a different user profile, I would prefer one to make a admin account because I know that it works with resolving the error, so now how to do it; just follow these steps. (for windows 8, 7 is similar too)

Firstly, you need to open the command prompt with administrator rights. Just press the Windows key to open the metro interface and then type command prompt in the search box.

Next, right-click on command prompt and Run it as administrator.

Copy this code net user administrator /active:yes and paste it in the command prompt. Then, press Enter to enable your built-in administrator account

Once you’re done, you can access your built-in administrator account by logging off your current account anytime.

Do take note that you can’t change the name of the built-in administrator account; it will always stay as Administrator.

2.Create a password to protect the administrative account.

Once you have enabled your built-in administrator account, it is advisable tocreate a password for that account to prevent any unauthorized usage. You don’t have to use the administrator account as your main account.

3. Now create shortcuts to your programs and they should open up normally. (to revert back to your normal account just log off and log in to your normal account.)

This worked for me to resolve the issue and who knows when it may stop working; we will just have to wait for a new update or something by ether apple or adobe to fix this headache of a problem. I hope this helps and works for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marzenamaks

Thanks for reporting what worked for you to resolve your particular ImporterQuickTime.prm error. Others in this 2012 thread have found different what worked for them for this same named problem. See

Posts 58, 50, 62 from BuckSnortland (dated August 6, 2014)

and

Post 57 from T_D_Sipe (dated April 16, 2014)

What particular version of Premiere Elements were you using, and what computer operating system was it running? What version of QuickTime?

Thanks for sharing your good news, but please consider the above.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A.T. Romano

Thanks for letting me know about the other posts to this issue, but none of them have worked for me as a solution to the problem. This was my own solution to the problem and should solve this issue for someone who has done everything like me to find a way to get the program to start again. The recent post was for this issue on new systems that have the same issue people have had before in 2012 but my solution to the problem. (so a revision)

The software versions:

The newest Quicktime software version (uninstall and reinstall) from Apple of 10/15

I am running Premier Pro CC(2015) Updated 10/15

and a whole bunch of Adobe programs (also updated). 

Everything is as new as can be including the Windows 8.1 software update and this machine was only built 2 months ago.

I have the Lebron James of computers; my specs:

I7 5930k

GTX 970 (newest drivers)

Asus X99 Deluxe (newest Bios)

16 GB of 2666 mhz DDR4 RAM

756GB of SSD and M.2 Storage

8.1 64Bit

So it is adequate.

The problem is administrative abilities that Windows denies which does not let Quicktime not let what it wants to be done.

Cheers,

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert

Thank you for the background information and details of your sharing on an importerquicktime.prm solution that worked for you.

Since others reported different successes on this importerquicktime.prm error in this thread and still others have tried to overcome this error unsuccessfully for other Adobe products, it is important to get as much information as possible. Premiere Pro on a particular operating system answers are not always the answers for the Premiere Elements user as evidenced by others in this thread who found  different solutions for the same error message using Premiere Elements.

We will be watching for future reports on observations of others on your solution.

Have you posted your solution in the Premiere Pro Forum also?

Best wishes

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Run it as administrator, worked immediately for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines