• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2022 update is to buggy to use, how do I revert back to old version?

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the automatic update and it is buggy as can be.  Freezing, video freezes but audio keeps playing, lost edits after saving, jumbled edits after saving you name it.  I tried to get help but you all know how hard it is to get an answer so I just want to go back to the previous version.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download program from Adobe (most likely without update).

Uninstall present version and install the download version.

Download Adobe Premiere Elements | 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There was no update over Elements 2022 version after its first release.

Please see the release notes here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/release-note/update.html 

Could you share more details about the screens that you saw regarding the update and what was the update description?

Regards,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I let it update a few weeks ago and it has been buggy ever since. Freezing duing playback, video freezes but audio keeps playing and other bugs.  I never had an issue until the recent update. Nothing has changed on the  editing computer it is installed on so it has to be the update or new version that was pushed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The problem is that there wasn't any update pushed for Elements 2022, Are you saying that you used to have Elements 2021 and you have recently installed Elements 2022 and with the latest version of Elements you are facing issues?

In any of the cases, I would recommend you to please try to uninstall and then again install the software using the installers available here and check if the issues still presists? 

Installer link: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/premiere-elements-downloads.html

Regards,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry my mistake, it was the latest update to 2021 that is buggy.

I have been told to uninstall that version and reinstall the one just before it and you all will let me know when you have a version that works without freezing and all the other issues worked out.

If you are interested this is the buggy version.

Mark21976925l3kj_0-1638365948013.png

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW I have PE 2021 with that version/update running on my desktop PC & I have no current issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither did I at first. Bugs are strange too.  Freezes on playback.  Video freezes but audio keeps playing.  Jumbled up some frames during a save.  Started very soon after I let it update to this version.

I hope yours keeps working perfectly.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on reliable personal use and participation in this forum going back to version 9, my suggestion is that you have a developing hardware failure, something is running in the background consuming processing power, there is something wrong with your source footage or some of your preferences have been changed.  Yes, there are a few issues that show up in this forum.  But the vast majority that use this mass marketed software, world wide, never show up here with issues like yours because they don't have them.   

All that said, there is one setting that seems to cause similar trouble for some.  If the Default Input in Audio Hardware preferences gets changed in a version update or a Windows update, some computers won't keep up while generating the editing previews.  "No Input" is the best setting for performance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bill,

I checked out everything you suggested.

There is nothing in the background eating CPU resources, in fact while editing the CPU never goes past 40% so it isn't precessing power.  The GPU hardly even notices the editing too.

I went back and re-edited old files that I had no issues with previously and the same thing happened and I also tested some video on other players with zero issues so it wasn't bad video files.

I went ahead and did what tech support suggested and unistalled and reinstalled 2021 but without the update I let it do in early November.  I just edited a whole video with zero issues so that seems to have done the trick. 

Thanks once again for taking the time to respond.

What ever the problem was it seems to be gone now.

Mark 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines