• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem

LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2010 Sep 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will confine my editorializing to "Deja vu, all over again" and describe the Premiere Elements 9 problem that sounds like I was reliving the release of Premiere Elements 8.

I downloaded and installed Premiere Elements 9 tryout, and it worked great for about 7 days. With no changes in the computer environment, suddenly when Premiere Elements 9 was loading a new project, it would stop at PlayerMediaCore.prm and pop up a message:

"We have detected an incompatible driver. To get a better and faster playback performance, please update your display driver. Display driver details: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce....." and it went on to fully name my video card driver. When I clicked on OK, the program continued to load completely and opened to the workspace where the Edit Mode Monitor performance was, best described as, wacky....Timeline content that would not present in the Edit Mode Monitor, Preview Windows that froze in the Edit Mode Monitor, etc. And, Edit Mode Full Screen Previews did not work at all. The technical irony in all this was that I have Premiere Elements 6, 7, and 8/8.0.1 all installed on the same computer, and all were still performing great when I was using them one at a time as a control.

When I went to Hardware/Device Manager and attempted to "update" my NVIDIA card driver, the "update" that installed automatically was older than what is was replacing. BUT, now Premiere Elements 9 did work as expected. HOWEVER, now my Premiere Elements 6, 7, and 8/8.0.1 were crashing at various times from loading to opening of the workspace. I am still hunting for a replacement NVIDIA driver that will fix the Premiere Elements 9 display issue and not kill my Premiere Elements 6, 7, and 8/8.0.1.

In investigating this matter, I noticed that the Premiere Elements 8/8.0.1 "Enable GPU Playback" is gone in version 9. And, now, if you right click the Premiere Elements 9 Edit Mode Monitor, you have a Playback Quality option of Automatic or Highest. That tells me that Adobe was at work making changes in the name of better. And, I am wondering if what I am encountering is related to Adobe's attempted improvements in display which was one of the issues in Premiere Elements 8.0 when it was released. Or, could this be related to making AVCHD a native format? Lots of possibilities.

The above is my long way of saying "Has anyone run into this type of situation with Premiere Elements 9, any workarounds found (other than buying a new video card just for Premiere Elements 9, ???"

At this point, I know of one other person who got a similar message from Premiere Elements 9 and resolved the problem by updating the NVIDIA card driver. But that still raises the question "Do we need a special video card driver just for Premiere Elements 9?" and "Why?"

ATR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 30, 2010 Sep 30, 2010

Hi Romano,

Please try again (i.e. just re-launch app) after deleting “\\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Premiere Elements\9.0\BadDrivers.txt” file.

If you face the same problem again then please send us the complete driver details shown in the message box.

Cheers,

Vijay

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2010 Nov 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is most weird. Consistently in my case, on both Vista-32 and W7, the timeline redraw is near instant in PRE7 and so slow in PRE9. But my theory about specific video cards has definitely been disproved - another poster is describing the same issues with ATI cards.

I've given up experimenting for the next week or so:

• There are some video projects I want to complete so that I can archive the source files from my data HDD. And, after all, video making IS what we buy the software for .
  • I have ordered the PSE9/PRE9 bundle as the price differential from PSE9 alone was insignificant (approx $10). I can then see if a clean, full version install makes any difference.
  • I'm keen to see if my theory about the Elements 9 Organizer is right or wrong. The theory is that PSE9 and PRE9 trials expire but the Organizer may not. So I'm waiting for my PSE trial to expire in a week or so.

Cheers,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nealeh wrote:

I'm keen to see if my theory about the Elements 9 Organizer is right or wrong. The theory is that PSE9 and PRE9 trials expire but the Organizer may not. So I'm waiting for my PSE trial to expire in a week or so.

My trial has now expired, but the Elements 9 Organizer still functions, including the face recognition features. So I think the theory proved. Whether by accident or design I think Adobe should capitalise on it. Consider it a replacement for their earlier (three or four years ago) "Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition".

Cheers,
--
Neale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2010 Nov 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fizzie,

Could you please share the exact content of display driver warning message (especially the driver version it shows)?

Thanks,

Vijay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2010 Dec 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2011 Apr 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have had the same problem.

I've recently installed premiere elemements 9 and the display driver warning comes up on my computer. I have deleted the bad driver.txt file and I've upgraded my driver but still I get the same problem everytime. Does anyone know what else I can do?

Thanks

Katie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Katie

Are you working with the trial version or a purchased version with serial number?

Have you installed the Premiere Elements 9.0.1 Update?

If all else fails, now with the latest display card driver installed, you could try for a complete and clean uninstall/reinstall of Premiere Elements 9, followed by install of the Premiere Elements 9.0.1 Update which can be accessed from the program's Help Menu/Updates or from

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4929

for Windows.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a bought version I have the serial number etc.

I uninstalled and re installed after I had upgraded the display driver, I then had to re delete the baddriver.txt and I also have the 9.0.1 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the make/model of your video card?

What is the version/date of the new driver?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2011 Apr 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 7 and for the life of me I cannot find the file "baddriver.txt", Could someone please help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Premiere Elements\9.0\BadDrivers.txt

Cheers,
--
Neale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nealeh

Thanks for the quick reply. When you say "ProgramData" could that be Program Files?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's ProgramData on my W7. You may have to use Folder Options to display hidden files and folders.

Cheers,
--
Neale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2010 Dec 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

I have a sony Vaio VPCZ122GX with windows 7 64 bit.

The video card is a Nvidia Geforce GT 330M

I cannot find the .txt file, I guess it is hidden and I'm not really sure how to find it.

I called Adobe tech support, and shared my desktop, after trying a few things I was told it is a driver issue and Adobe is working fine I need to call Sony.

I called Sony and they said my driver is up to date and the issue is with Adobe's software.

so now I am entirely unable to use the software I have bought and really need to get it working to finish a project I have due. If anyone has and idea what I can do, I have no other computer to work on.

Please Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will708

Have you made sure that you have updated your display card drive to its latest version? At this point, the only reason to call Sony is to verify that your computer has the latest version of the display card. If yes to the latest display card, then please read on...

Please go back and read the details earlier in this thread and follow the path to the BadDrivers.txt file detailed in post #3 in this thread.

To avoid any possibility of hidden folders, please make sure that there are none. In my Windows XP Professional, the route that I follow to do that is

Windows Explorer/Tools Menu/Folder Options/View/Files & Folders and dot the option "Show hidden files and folders."

There have been many who initially had difficulties finding the BadDrivers.txt file, but eventually did with the help of all. But please read what has been done to take advantage of the experiences of others who have been in similar situations.

Please update us on your progress.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked with Sony and I do have the latest driver that Sony has available. I have read that others have found Sony's drivers to be older thank Nvidia's similar drivers however Nvidia says that I can only use Sony's drivers.

I have now been able to find that .txt file and delete. After I deleted it I reopened premiere elements 9. Without the .txt file, the warning does not pop up however the program still does not play the video. It does play the audio but the video is either a white screen or a snapshot of the video just frozen.

Also after I restart the computer the .txt file is back and I have tried deleting it again and a few other things but the video is still not running in the program.

Thank you for the quick response. I hope this new information makes it easier to figure out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2010 Dec 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will708

Let us work on this from another angle for the moment.

Please describe the source, format, and duration of what you are putting on the Premiere Elements Timeline, including the project preset (new project dialog) that you set for the project. I am looking for Video: Codec, Name, Status; Audio: Codec, Name, Status as well as frame size, frame rate, and sar/par/dar values. The free utility named gspot is a good way to get that information which you can type out in your follow up post.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/v26x/quick_start.html

It is worth a look at just to dot the i's and cross the t's.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines