• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render work area

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rendering pocess suddenly, in the middle of a project, has become extremely slow. A simple fade out takes more than ten minutes to render. The computer (Imac 27´) works fine and I have a SSD-disc. The problem occured suddenly. 

Grateful four your ideas

Mikael Levy

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing more, I am going to guess that something else is using some RAM or you don't have a lot of RAM.    How does the output look if you export without preview rendering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer! I have a lot of RAM, 32Gb, and i´ve shut everything else down. The computer seems to function normally in general. I haven´t tried to export anything yet, as it´s impossible to watch the preview but I will try that and report back. By the way I use P Elements 2018. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill. I try exporting now but i takes too long, I don´t have the patience; 43 % has taken 31 minutes and now it´s really slow. I´ve attached a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a simple fade out takes 10 minutes for a preview render and output gets stuck, I'll suggest there is something unique about the clip or clips at or near the fade out.   I may also be that there is a mismatch between the source clip and project settings.

If it were me, I might use the work area bars to isolate and output sections to search for the "slow spot".   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill! It turned out you were right, but I didn´t succeed to isolate all the slow spots but enough to finish the project withpout falling asleep in front of the computer. The question, what happened to the files, remains though.

Thank you for your kind help, it was most helpfull!

Mikael Levy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mikael,

Thanks for posting that you were able to finish your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much free space is on your SSD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peru Bob! 196 Gb out of 500. I also have a lot of ram, 32 Gb and, as far as I know, nothing else using it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I USE 196 Gb so there is more than 300 Gb free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines