• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retain original frame size when importing title

New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Elements 2018, is it possible to retain the original frame size when importing an exported title?

Utimately I am trying to create a relatively simple effect with large oversized text scrolling across the frame horizontally. I thought I would be able to do this by creating a title with the text I want, at the font size I want, and then using keyframe animation to position the text outside the right side of the frame, and then scroll it across right to left.

When I create a title in the current project (720 x 480 frame) and use a sufficiently large font size to get the text size I want, it seems that the text is cut off at the current frame size, so when I configure the animation I can only scroll in the text that was visible within the frame.

Then I thought I would try creating a title in a separate project with a larger frame size (1920 x 1080), and then export that title and import it into the smaller frame project. When I did that, the imported title was converted to the current frame size, rather than retaining its original larger frame size. So, is there a way to get Premiere Elements 2018 to retain the original title's frame size when importing?

Incidentally, it does seem to retain the original frame size of imported videos, just not titles.

Thanks for any help or suggestions any of you might be able to provide!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps a better question would be is there a way to create a title with text larger than the current frame size, and still retail all of the text so that it can be scrolled into frame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course.

Remember to measure the size of your title your create in Photoshop Elements (or whatever) in pixels -- and you'll want it to be much taller than 480 pixels.

Then, BEFORE you import that title into Premiere Elements, go to the Preferences (under the Edit menu) and, on the General page, uncheck Scale to Frame Size.

The imported title will run much longer than the size of your video frame. Then you just keyframe the animation you want to create the scroll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be fair I was trying to use the built-in title tools in Premiere Elements to create the title, only exporting/importing between projects as an attempted workaround. However I hadn't thought of creating the titles in Photoshop and then importing, and with a quick test that does seem to get me to the effect I'm looking for, so maybe that's the way I'll go.

Incidentally, I did some more experimenting with the "Default Crawl" template, and I was also able to approximate the effect I was looking for by appending a bunch of extra tab characters (white space) to the text I want to scroll, so that the visible text scrolls all the way across the frame, instead of stopping center frame. Kind of hokey, but looks like it should work.

Anyway thanks for pointing me in the Photoshop direction, I hadn't thought of it, and it opens up a bunch more style/effect options for the title as well.

Also FWIW, I did not have the "Default scale to frame size" option enabled when importing the title, but it still scaled it anyway, so maybe that's a bug specific to title imports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines