• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow render/export in Premiere Elements 2024 compared to Premiere Elements 2021

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2024 Oct 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using APE2021, and just upgraded APE2024. The 2024 version is very slow rendering/exporting the edited files. 

If I take a 1080p MP4 file of around 1 hour, do some basic trim edits in APE2021 and render/export at 720p MP4, the export takes about 49 minutes.

If I take the same original file and do the same basic edits and render/export at 720p MP4 in APE2024 the render/export will take about 1hr 50 minutes.

The resulting 720p MP4 file from either program APE2021 or APE2024 is almost the exact same size. 

So the result is exactly the same file wise, but the export time for the 2024 export is over twice as long, even using the exact same original file. 

All settings in the new APE2024 program are the same as in the APE2021 program. 

Any ideas on how to fix this?

TOPICS
Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2024 Oct 21, 2024

What happens if you output at the same resolution as the source file?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2024 Oct 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you output at the same resolution as the source file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2024 Oct 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. That makes a huge difference. Completely managable now. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I haven't tried. But I mainly want to know why the exact file
takes twice the rendering time in APE2024 as it does in APE2021. I'm doing
the same edits exactly on each to test, and exporting to the exact same
format.

Regards Ken

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken,

Please don't put your personal information in the public forum.   

I don't know why it takes longer.   This forum is made up of users like you and we don't have access to how the coding may or may not have changed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2024 Oct 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I just replied to the email response to your post, and unfortunately it included my details from the email signature, which I can't remove. I'd like to remove it, but there's no edit option..

I will try to re-export using the original resolution etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2024 Oct 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've removed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had also many issues with slow rendering in APE2024. Depending of the effects and setting used it could have been extremally slow. However, I've never done any direct comparision with 2021 version.  I've switched to APE2025 and testing it now. So far it looks good. It can use my GPU much better than previous versions. 

https://youtu.be/s_9FCMKwjig?si=HBtQo2Hm1Er12U-U

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted a 'one time purchase' version, and Adobe told me the latest one was the 2024 version. They said the APE2025 was subscription only. Is that what you got? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted a 'one time purchase' version, and Adobe told me the latest one was the 2024 version. They said the APE2025 was subscription only. Is that what you got? 

By @kenp16700530

I see it as more like a one time purchase for a program that gets support for three years.  You only pay once.   I can only guess, but it might be that support gets too expensive as a lower cost program ages past 3 years.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 24, 2024 Oct 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as I know, APE2025 will stop working after 3 years, so it is not only about the support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines