• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound seems to be deactivated - can't change volume on timeline

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I habe Premiere Elements 2021 and can't work with the sound. The sound effects don't 'stick' on the timeline - when trying, there's shown the 'not-possible-sign' (crossed out cirkle).

And moving the yellow line in the timeline doesn't has an effect. Neither with the whole line, nor with a part between keyframes - the volume doesn't change, even if the line is positioned very high or low.
Fading out an in don't work as well.

The clip-volume in the left above edge of the timeline is activated.

What can I do?

Thank you very much for your help!
Manuel

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of the program are you using on what operating system?

You say the "sound effects" don't stick. Are you saying that you are able to adjust audio levels for video and music -- but not for sound effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program is called 'Elements 2021'. I bought it in may 2021. I work with windows 10 home, version 20H2, 64-bit-system and the Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 4500U with Radeon Graphics 2.38 GHz.

I'm not able to adjust  audio levels (to change the loudness) and i tried to use the 'Denoiser', but it didn't 'stick' on the timeline, and none of the other sound effects as well. With the video-timeline everything is fine. The video-effects work.

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've offered nothing about the audio characteristics.  Premiere Elements never seems to have trouble with .wav files or music generated by PrE itself.   My guess is that there is something unusual about your audio file.  What is it?  Where did it come from?  Was it part of what the camera recorded?  

Another possibility is Audio Hardware settings.  Check that the Default Audio Output is correct.   If I start a project with the computer's speakers and then change to headphones, it rarely makes the switch without my help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the hint, but I don't think that it has anything to do with the hardware, because I tried everything in this context.
The audio-file is directly from the camcorder. It is an MTS-File.

I now send you a screenshot, it would be very kind, if you could have a look on it.

From the whole material I took from the camera, there are two clips, which only occupied one audio-line. All the others (but from the same session and the same camera and without changing anything on the camera) occupied all the audio-lines when I imported the video-file on and I could'nt change.

Now I discovered, that in these two audio-files I can change the loudness with the yellow line (the second and third in the screenshot). The transformation of the yellow line in the third audio-file doesn't has an effect even though I disabled the loudness in all the other audio-lines.

But the audio effects (for example 'Denoiser') don't 'stick' on these two files as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, now with the screenshotExample Audio.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A mistake: The transformation in the fourth audio-file doesn' show an effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video has 5.1 audio, which the program is unable to work with.

Do you have a music clip or some stereo audio clip you can test this on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, so far!
I changed the project-preset to stereo (NTSV AVCHD 1080p60) and now the denoiser seems to work and I'm able to change the loudness with the yellow line - but only on channel.

I wouldn't mind working with Mono, but I don't find a Mono-Preset. Do you have an idea for this problem as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...only on ONE channel ,,, that's what I wanted to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines