• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time remapping of photomerges in Elements 15

Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a photomerged landscape and have used the pan and zoom tool to pan from left to right. The duration of the pan seems to default to five seconds and this is too fast. I have Steve Grisetti's book: Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements 15 and have tried to find a way of increasing the pan to ten seconds. It seems that it would be possible to time remap a video clip but not a photomerge. I have taken this route with the photomerged landscape to avoid the large blank spaces above and below when on screen. Have I missed the solution when browsing through the book?

I also have a question on animated graphics. My presentations are of my travelogues comprising of video clips, photos and maps. Is it possible to animate a graphic, a round dot for example, to show a route of travel on a map or onto a photo to show a climbing route. Someone suggested adding a dot to the first frame then to successive frames as it moves along the route then setting an interval between frames of less than a second. I would rather not do this as the set of frames could become quite large.

I am a little confused regarding pixel size and resolution. The book states that pixel size can be reduced to the ideal minimum (1080?) and that the resolution is irrelevant when displayed on a screen. Is 72dpi adequate?

My final question concerns displaying the travelogues on a personal website, to avoid them gathering dust on my computer or CD. I have browsed travelogues on YouTube and find the presentation a little tacky, especially the constant advertising. Can anyone offer advise on the right way to go about setting one up with minimum fuss. I would like to design a minimal but well presented site and to be able to remove old presentations when they need updating. Is it possible to have total ownership of the site and put in place ways of preventing downloading.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a lot of questions to answer in a single post, Ed! So I'll take on the first one.

To extend the length of your pan & zoom, you'll need to, of course, extend the duration of your photo on your timeline. You can do this by stretching it longer on the timeline.

Once you've stretched it to 10 seconds, you can keyframe your pan & zoom. Are you doing your pan & zoom using keyframes in the Applied Effects panel or by using the Pan & Zoom tool? I highly recommend manual keyframing as it gives you much more control.

But you can't apply Time Remapping to a photo. Is that what you're trying to do? In fact, I'm not quite sure why you would apply time remapping to a photo.

Are you trying to variable the speed of your panning and zooming over your photo? This could be much more easily accomplished by interpolating keyframes rather than trying to mix pan & zoom and time remapping.

What effect is it you're trying to accomplish? Once we know that, we can probably recommend a simpler way to do it.

As for your other questions, I'd recommend you post each of your questions as individual topics here on the forum. There's just too much to cover when we try to answer several questions in the same thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded from version 10 to 15 so I am not familiar with the key frame but it is an area that I will study in your book. I am using the Pan and Zoom tool; clicking on the left of the photomerge then the right until both are linked with a horizontal line and the '5 sec' information.

I could stretch the photomerge on the timeline as you suggested or if there is a better way I will give it a try. All I am trying to do is avoid the blank spaces above and below the photo that result when displaying the photomerge as a single frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that the pixel dimensions of the photo are 11165 x 2375. If I treat it as a single frame in Premiere it displays on screen with blank areas above and below. To avoid this I pan from left to right and it then presents in a similar way to a short video clip without the blank areas above and below. The only problem is that the duration is five seconds and I would like to increase that to ten seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Pan & Zoom tool's frame will be the shape of your project's video frame and it can not extend beyond the edge of your photo. That's one of the limitations of the Pan & Zoom tool.

Delete the photo from your project. Then go to the program's preferences (under the Edit menu on a PC) and, on the General page, uncheck Scale Still to Frame Size. Then re-add your photo.

It should now fill your frame with picture to spare! In fact, you'll likely need to go into the photo's Applied Effects and change the Scale to get the picture to fit.

You can then open the Motion effect's keyframe controller (by clicking the stopwatch in the upper right of the panel) and create your pan and zoom keyframes manually. You'll find using this method gives you much more control over the process!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed your instructions and Chapter 29 in your textbook but can't get it to work. The CTI in both the Timeline and the Applied Effects Panel just moves from left to right but the photo panorama remains static, unlike when the Pan and Zoom tool was used.

Are there any videos of Keyframe?

The wide photo was stitched together after taking three views of the landscape with my previous camera; a Nikon D80 that didn't take videos. I don't use that method now as my camera can record video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mr Grisetti, you're a Star; problem solved. I was losing the will to live, even after viewing your video demonstration but it finally came to pass.

I will post the further questions individually as you recommended.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines