• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very slow on my Mac

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 16" macbook pro 2.6 ghz with 16gb memorry and recently downloaded premiere elements 2021. I am running Big sur 11.1. Why is it running so slowly. The response time is very delayed. For example, I will click on a button, and it takes 2-3 seconds for an action to take place. Is this normal? Did I install it incorrectly? I've already tried uninstalling and installing again. iMovie runs so much smoother and I feel as though I wasted my money on this program. Thank you!

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOME Adobe programs are compatible with Apple's BS, but they may have issues
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-big-sur.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about a Mac, but on a PC there are some settings that can slow it down.  Oddly one is Audio Hardware.  The Default Input needs to be "No Input".    Can you try it?  There are also some settings on the General page doing with processing speed.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues.  They started with a previous version of both Adobe Photoshop Elements as well as Adobe Premiere Elements.  Thinking that it was a compatibility issue with Big Sur, I purchased the 2021 version for use on my iMac 27-inch with 40Gb of ram.  Turns out the problems are even worse and both programs are almost unusable.  After being a loyal PSE user for many, many years, this is absolutely frustrating!  The programs crash or lockup, it is almost impossible to complete simple tasks like add media files or edit existing projects.  After multiple calls to Adobe (and yes, I have double checked audio input to make sure that bug is addressed and I have also ensured that both PSE and APE have full disk access) I am about to give up on Adobe and start looking for alternatives.  I am really hoping that someone out there has some answers or ideas for a fix because I really want to continue using the programs that I know and (prior to this hot mess) love!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. 

Adobe Premiere Elements 2023 on a new (empty)

- Imac 27" Retina 2020 - intel CPU i5 3,3Ghz - 16GB Ram - AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4GB - OS Sonoma 14.5

The program is running really slow. Same problem; response time is very slow. It is not useable.

The application on my less powerfull laptop with a m1 chip runs much fast...     why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue. 

Adobe Premiere Elements 2023 on a new (empty)

- Imac 27" Retina 2020 - intel CPU i5 3,3Ghz - 16GB Ram - AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4GB - OS Sonoma 14.5

The program is running really slow. Same problem; response time is very slow. It is not useable.

The application on my less powerfull laptop with a m1 chip runs much fast...     why?

By @El-Ekim

Why?  Without knowing more, I have to do some guessing.   The first is that your computer with the i5 is not nearly as capable for video editing as the laptop with the M1.   My second guess is that you may be editing advanced footage from a source like a phone.   Good editing of "4K" footage on an Intel computer usually requires an i7 or i9 CPU coupled with a big and "fast" SSD.    My third guess is that there may be some Premiere Elements settings on the i5 computer that need changing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines