• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Editor won't run

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer get Premier Elements 15 video editor to run. I've tried reloading the program, but it always fails when it reaches the point to loading AEDX.AEX.

I am running Windows 10 v1709 64 bit. It has previously functioned perfectly.

I thought this might have been due to a Windows Update, but I have gone back to 1709 which has been stable for a long time. I see there are some posts about the same issue with Premier Pro 2019 so I wonder if this is an Adobe problem.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ideas -- but without being able to root around on your system, it's hard to say for sure.

Do you have the Creative Cloud installed? Do you have any video effects installed on your computer other than the ones that came with the program?

Indications are that some effect is bugging things up.It's possible that even one of the stock effects that comes with the program has corrupted.

Before you do anything else, try this: Go to C/Program Files./Adobe/Adobe Premiere Elements 15/Plug-ins/Common/NewBlue and then renamed OldFilm.AEX to OldFilm.old. Then restart the program.

This is particular effect can corrupt on some versions of the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve, I've tried that but it makes no difference.

I do have CC installed with Photoshop and Lightroom. I also tried installing a trial version of Premier Element 2019 but that failed in the same way.

Should I try disabling or hiding other plugins?

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also tried running a trial version of PEL 2019 and that fails at the same file, AEDX.AEX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AEDX file says was modified on 31 Jan 2019 and I probably haven't used PEL since then. I'm not aware of the file being modified and it is not possible to change it to an earlier version as there is no change history.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If disabling the OldFilm file doesn't fix this issue I'm not sure what to recommend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

I tried some googling based on your clue that the same issue can show up with Premiere Pro.  One article suggests that there can be a graphics driver conflict and that's not uncommon with video editing software.  The article suggests that a rollback of the driver fixed the issue.   

Here is the article:  https://www.reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/9wir0a/how_to_fix_adobe_premiere_pro_cc_2019_1301_from/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I looked at my display driver and it was dated 2017, so not that.

I have recently updated to CC 2019, maybe that.

I think I'll have to try reinstalling Windows, good thing I'm retired and have the time to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines