Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video jitters upon export

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 2021. Whenever I export my video, it has jitters and shaking that isn't visible during playback prior to exporting. Each time I export these issues appear in different places. I have tried deleting transitions and features (now just video clips), restarting the pc, reinstalling, clearing the media cache, and I've tried with several different export settings.

My computer is running Windows 10 64 bit with an AMD Ryzen 4700U and AMD Radeon Graphics. It has 16gb of ram and is a fairly new PC, so does not have any excess software or files taking up space. 

I have mostly been trying to use the Quick Export in this menu here:

TAKERU5ECD_1-1609442587375.png

I have tried exporting in several different settings, such as the 1080p and 720p settings. 

I have also tried playing with the advanced menu for exporting. When I go to the advanced menu I see this, I'm not sure if it helps:

TAKERU5ECD_0-1609442507389.png

Please let me know if you require any additional information!

I am not trying to do anything fancy, just put a few video clips together, so I am confused as to why I am experiencing these issues.

Thanks so much for your help!

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its jittery probably as you are using interlaced settings.

Set export settings to Progressive.

Post screenshot of media in MediaInfo windows in treeview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

How can I set the export settings to progressive? I do not see an option for it in the export screen.

Here is a screenshot of the tree view of the exported video from MediaInfo:

TAKERU5ECD_1-1609546889905.png

TAKERU5ECD_2-1609546915683.png

TAKERU5ECD_3-1609546941371.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've got plenty of power and your video should be pretty easy to edit. But I'm assuming the MediaInfo report is for your original video, not your output. 

What program are you playing your finished video on? Try downloading VLC Media Player and seeing if it gives you the same jitter.

If so, open your project in Premiere Elements and look under the Edit menu. What is listed on the Project Settings/General page?

Also, what device or software recorded your original video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Advanced Settings

You are not compeled to use the standard presets.

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

I tried outputting using the progressive setting as per your attached image, but the output was actually much worse in terms of jitters. In addition to this, the video itself looked quite blurry. Do you know why this might be?

Thanks so much for your help,

Takeru

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann, 

I tried again with progressive settings, but increased the target bitrate to 15 Mbps (it was only 0.18 before). This fixed the blurry video, but the video is still skipping and jittery like it was before. 

Thanks again,

Takeru

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, the MediaInfo report for the output video is of no value in figuring out this issue. 

We'll need to see the MediaInfo report from your original source video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve and Ann,

Apologies, I misunderstood. Here is the MediaInfo for one of the source videos (I edited a bunch of clips together in the final product).

TAKERU5ECD_0-1609908118070.png

TAKERU5ECD_1-1609908140077.png

TAKERU5ECD_2-1609908167105.png

Thanks so much again for your help!

Takeru

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a couple of issues.

Its not HD but UHD which is 3840x2160 and not 1920x1080.

Its not H.264 but H.265 (HVEC)

Its not interlaced as in upper field but Progerssive.

And last it has variable framerate which usually will give issues.

Needs to be converted to constant framerate with Handbrake before import.

Start new project, leave it empty and drag the clip into the timeline. That will give matching settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are trying to edit an HEVC MOV file, most likely from an iPhone. So the first thing you need to do is ensure you have the HEVC codecs installed. The HEVC codec may cost you 99 cents from the Microsoft store but it's a great investment.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/hevc-decoding-on-windows.html

Then you'll need to ensure your project settings match your video specs. This may not happen automatically with MOV video and it did not happen in your case. The Project Setting screen you show says that your project is set to 1920x1080 30 fps. Your video is 3840x2160.

As an experiment, start a new project on the New Project window, select Change Settings and then manually choose the settings for AVCH/QFHD 16.9 at 29.97 fps. Load some of your MOV video into this project and see if the program performs better.

After you install that HEVC codec of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We want a screenshot of the source clip in Mediainfo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, 

The MediaInfo was actually for the output video, not the original one. 

I have been using VLC Media Player and still see the jitters.

I recorded the video originally on my iPhone 11. 

This is what is shown under the general project settings:

TAKERU5ECD_0-1609802403786.png

Takeru

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines