Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is minimum passmark bench test requirement for video editing

Participant ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im in the process of buying a new laptop 

Im considering the Samsung Galaxy Book Pro which has an i5 2.4 1135GT processor rated 10161 on the passmark bench test.

Can someone tell me if that would be adequate enough for video editing with  2021 Premiere Elements

Thanks for your help

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Samsung Galaxy Book Pro which has an i5 2.4 1135GT processor rated 10161 on the passmark bench test.

I have a 4 year old laptop with an i7, 16 GB of RAM and an SSD.   If I remember right, it got about 8000 on the Passmark scale.  It works well with the 4K editing I do.   The 10,000+ you see for that i5 should work.  Unfortunately, you won't know for sure until you try it for what you do.   Hopefully you can buy from someone with a return guarantee.   My favorite in the USA is Costco because

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much ram, and what size/type hard drive and what video adapter?

May not work well with 4k video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the MINIMUM requirements... you need more for 4k video

Tech specs | Adobe Premiere Elements 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Samsung Galaxy Book Pro which has an i5 2.4 1135GT processor rated 10161 on the passmark bench test.

I have a 4 year old laptop with an i7, 16 GB of RAM and an SSD.   If I remember right, it got about 8000 on the Passmark scale.  It works well with the 4K editing I do.   The 10,000+ you see for that i5 should work.  Unfortunately, you won't know for sure until you try it for what you do.   Hopefully you can buy from someone with a return guarantee.   My favorite in the USA is Costco because their 90 day satisfaction guarantee is so easy to do.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines