• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my 4K video created in PRE15 buffer every few seconds.

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have created a video in PRE15 with settings of TV 4K.

When I stream to my Philips Android tv the video buffers every few seconds.

Should I have used the setting for computer instead of tv?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does sound like your video player is having trouble keeping up with the stream. I assume your TV is 4K and is capable of playing a 4K MP4.

You haven't said how you're playing your video on your TV. Have you got a thumb drive plugged into your computer, are you casting from a device or are you using some sort of video player attached to the TV.

A number of factors could affect how fast your video is able to stream.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

I'm streaming over my ethernet home network, using Microsoft Windows Media Player 12. The video plays perfectly on my pc.

The tv is a Philips Android 50PUS 8555/12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without listing technical details, Premiere Elements outputs a universal and "standard" video file.   It does not matter if you use "TV" or "Computer" for output settings.  They both use the standard H.264 codec.  Because of the 4K, the files are very large.  

Without knowing more, my guess is that some part of your system can't keep up with the large file size.   It may be your home network's capacity.   Current versions of Windows and current TVs include "casting" connections that are direct from computer to TV.    Basically, "casting" makes a mirror of you computer screen on your TV.  

Have you tried the "casting" capability of your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

I have tried re-rendering at HD and it works perfectly. My home network is ethernet  Cat 5e so I wouldn't of thought it was a problem. if it needs higher than Cat 5e then I'll forget it, I'm not having all the floors up. I have TNT Sport on UHD and that isn't a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is impossible to know what a Phillips Android TV is equipped with to play 4K files.    Does is work if you copy the 4K version on a USB drive and then plug that directly into the TV?  Did you try wireless "casting"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines