• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 11 & Elements 2022 unable to import HEVC files recorded with GeForce Experience (h.265)

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am unable to open H.265 files recorded with Geforce Experience. I've bought the hevc codec from MS store and tried to fix the windows permissions, disable hdr etc suggested on another threads without any success. 

Those files can watched on windows  media player or vlc without any issues though. 

h265.jpg

H.264 files recorded with older Nvidia drivers can be imported without any problems. 

h264.jpg

Anyone knows what is causing this issue or how it can be fixed? 

br

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send me a clip via dropbox or similar?  I don't know if I can find an answer but will try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill!

I sure can. There's short 7 seconds clip. 

Thank You! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clip.  I was guessing that it might work on my computer because I've had success with other HEVC clips in Premiere Elements.  I was wrong.  My computer and Premiere Elements rejected it.  I looked at the contents using MediaInfo and could not see anything that would solve the problem. 

Other posts here in the past have suggested that Premiere Elements is not ready for 4Kp60.  30 yes, but not 60.  That may be the issue.  

I succeded in using Handbrake to make a clip that Premiere Elements can use.  I also found that your clip will load, as is, in Premier Pro.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your efforts to help! 

I changed the settings to 30 frames and recorded a clip. For some reason though, I can't open that either.  Could you test it, if you can import 1440p30 to Elements or is this issue due to something else? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines