• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 11 support

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Elements 2018.  I need to replace my Windows 10 comptuer.  The new one will likely be running Windows 11.  Will I still be able to run my copy of Premiere Elements?  (I'm assuming that I'll be able to move my copy - maybe that's not true.)

What about the latest version of Premiere Elements?  Will it run on Windows 11?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The basic workings of Windows 11 isn't that much different than Windows 10. I've had no problems installing or running any of my older programs on Windows 11, including the last two versions of Premiere Elements. I'm sure version 2018 will run just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>assuming that I'll be able to move my copy - maybe that's not true

You do not move programs from one computer to another like you copy data files, you do a fresh install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Poor choice of language on my part.  What I meant was there's a license key that I needed to install on  my current (Win10) computer.  I imagine I can't use that same key to install on the new computer without Adobe doing something on their end so that the key works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The license allows TWO activations, so if you already have two computers activated you need to DE-activate one of them

http://www.adobe.com/legal/licenses-terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added thought... Win10 was/is very good at running old programs, so Win11 "should" be the same... if you have problems

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10 and MAYBE Windows 11
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that Windows 11 will run Premiere Elements 14, so I would think 2018 which is newer will also run fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone for your help.  I'll likely be getting a new computer in the next month or two and we'll see what happens.  Hopefully I'll have the same experiences that you all have had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines