• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot update Premiere Elements

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to update Premiere Elements to the latest version. When I close the program and try to install the update I get the message 'Couldn't start Update Manager. Retry after some time'

I've been getting this message for a couple of days now. It's followed by 'There is no application set to open the URL auphd://update?sapCode=PRE&baseVersion=19.0&platform=osx10-64&skipUpdateinfo=true.'

I'm running on a 2020 IMac under BigSur. 

Many thanks

Chris Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 15.54.36.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar challenge.  When I open Premiere Elements it gives me a screen for update.  Nothing happens when I click on the button and my computer locks.   I've had to use the Task Manager to kill it.   I'm doing a complete uninstall and reinstall from a fresh download.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious. Are you both on Macs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm on 2020 iMac running Big Sur

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem. I clicked to install on exit which meant I could actually use the program, but it still crashes when you exit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10.  There was not a specific error message.  I simply locked up the entire PC.  That's rare for me!

A complete uninstall with fresh install file put me on todays release of Elements 2021.1, Build: 20210127.daily.2235820.  It is working fine again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... I bought the disc from Amazon, so going to my registration and order history does NOT show a download link for the update

I haven't tried to update from within the program, and now I think I will put that off for awhile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on windows 10.  Total freeze up on update  install.  No option to cancel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send a message to https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/11071699 with your computer details and any message you see... Mohit is the employee who announced the update here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update process locked my Windows 10 computer.   I got it unlocked with the Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del).   

Once unlocked, I  rebooted and uninstalled my existing version of PrE 2021.  Then I downloaded a fresh installation from https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/premiere-elements-downloads.html?promoid=D4P81Y6G&mv=oth...

Launching the installation put the newest "updated" version on my computer.  When opened it asked for the serial number.   I entered it and all is back to normal operation including the update.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably no help but my PE 2021 installation (on WIN10) updated without issue 2 days ago when I started the tool.

Took about 10 minutes & then I had "Version 19.0" (which puzzled me as I would have expected 19.1) followed by "(20210127.daily.2235820)" which does appear to be the latest update.

Application is operating normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Could you please use the log collector tool and share the logs with us? We'll have them investigated at our end.

How to use the Creative Cloud Log Collector tool (adobe.com)

Feel free to reach out if you have any further queries, I shall be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Medha Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what email address should I use to send the .zxp file

Thanks

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've sent you a private message with the details.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Medha

I've sent the log file to you twice on the email address you sent me but it keeps bouncing.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris,

I've received the log file. Please allow us some time to have a look at the logs.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Medha,

I ran the log file creator this morning.  I cleared up the problem with a reinstall yesterday so would the data you need be there?  If so, where would you like me to send the file?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bill,

Since the issue is resolved now, the log file won't be of much help. Thanks for your willingness in assisting us to debug this issue.

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Probably no help but my PE 2021 installation (on WIN10) updated without issue 2 days ago.."

That's good news.  Must be something screwy on my computer that made it balk.  It took a few extra steps, but mine is working well now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>downloaded a fresh installation from

Hmm... I did that, and I'm thinking about running that installer (after I make a backup in case of a problem) instead of even trying to do the update from within the program

I've never done a full 'replace on top of' install before, so I hope that idea works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a full system drive backup just in case, and then another one for the update processed with no problems

Win10 64bit Pro 20H2

Intel i9-10900k CPU in ASUS-Prime-Z490-P motherboard with 64Gig TEAMGROUP-3200MHz ram
Seagate-FireCuda 500Gig M.2 for Windows and programs and the usual Documents files
500Gig SSD for temporary and output files, 1T SSD for video and picture input files
MSI GeForce GTX 1650 128 Bit Graphics 4Gig GDDR6 ram video card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried the update again yesterday and it worked! No change to any software my end so maybe the missing URL has now been fixed.

Thanks

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines