• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2018 causes black screen

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have been using Premiere Elements 2018 since release and have discovered a recurring problem. All the video editing, etc is fine, but whenever I close the app after I'm done my whole screen goes black for 2 seconds and then reappears as normal. However, I cannot reopen premiere after this occurs without doing a restart because it says something like "kernel not found" and crashes my PC.

My computer continues to function after this happens, however on next startup I am greeted with an ALL BLACK screen after the startup logo of my computer. I have then to restart my PC and it boots up as normal, albeit taking way longer.

This is a huge annoyance and as I use Premiere a lot gets really tiring. Any ways to fix this?????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently going through uninstall process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now reinstalling from my Adobe Account page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, the program is fully reinstalled. I've had no issues so far.

Would you all like me to keep this thread open and close it once I confirm there's no issue, or close it now and start a new thread if the issue arises again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you give it a go and see if all is OK.  Keep it all in one thread so anybody following will have the whole story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright. Just know this may take a while, I got lots of other stuff going on. Sorry to have this thread going on for so long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @Peru Bob. It's better to keep it under one thread.

Thanks for following up on this Peru Bob​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaaaaaand the issue persists. Just happened again today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is Premiere Elements the only program that is having this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand your concern. Getting a black screen after closing Premiere Elements does not sound ideal. In addition to the questions asked by @Steve Grisetti, we would like to know:

• Are you using any other Adobe applications?
  • Have you checked if there is any Windows update pending?

This information will help us to investigate the issue. We're here to help.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your video, audio and project files are saved in areas separate from your program files. Uninstalling/reinstalling will not have any effect on any work you have in progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, as i said this is a very important thing. All right, I will try and get back to you all.

Just be aware, he glitch does not appear every time, so it may take a while for me to respond if i see the glitch or not (usually happens within 1-5 uses of the program.

I try my best to respond as quickly as i can. thank you all for your help, as i said i will post here if the issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines