• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Caption editing inserts a massive amount of random chars when I correct simple typos

Engaged ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023-02-14_00h26_35.png

I want to correct this by adding a missing you so it says: a little bit simple and then you can click with the dropdown or just type here

2023-02-14_00h26_47.png

This is me adding the missing word

2023-02-14_00h26_54.png

And this is the moment I want to switch to Descript and take anxiety pills.

Additionally: I cannot fix the bug by backspacing the redundant a's, they just reappear in all sorts of different amounts.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug , Error , Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
11 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yash,

What Beta version are you on?

The ...] appears to show that you have the "show pauses" option selected? Are you deleting that when you type? Does it disappear?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan, I'm on the Feb 13 beta. Text based editing does remove pauses if I choose to remove them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still on build 30. You're on 33. And this may be one of those bugs that disappear in a  build or so.

I can't get it to happen.

When you go into edit mode, the pauses disappear and there are 2 spaces in their place. If I delete the two spaces or one space, the ellipses remain. If I type anything, even a single character, the ellipses are gone. But if I re-edit and delete back to 2 spaces, the ellipses return.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback - The feature is too broken for my project so I'm reverting to normal subtitles until it's stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yash, I am one of the engineers working on text based editing. I'm trying to repro your failure case but everything is working as expected for me. I guess there is something different with your project or transcription that is triggering this condition. 

Would you be able to share the project with me? For a first repro case - I won't require the source media, only the project and the exact steps needed to get into this state. 

Also you mentioned that "The feature is too broken for my project" - are there more issues you are seeing? We are still in beta and aware of some existing issues but are adding fixes every day - so would be great to get some input on what else you are seeing that is causing you to not use the feature for you project at this time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure I have sent you a link via DM. 

Additional issues include, glitchy User Interface when displaying clips that are not auto-transcribed (in text window), the only fix being to use tilde ~ to make it stop.

General editing in text-editing mode is clunky and delayed by 1-2 seconds per edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - looking into your project right now. Do you have a screen recording of the other glitchy behavior? Would be great to see this to get a better understanding on what you are experiencing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DM'd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yash and Nico,

This is what I enjoy most in the Beta forum: a savy and responsive user and an engineer who needs the information to fix a problem or shape the next version.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as a quick follow up. I tracked down the issue to a very rare condition where two clips are cut exactly in the middle of a spoken word. The fix is in review and should be in one of the next beta builds. Thanks again for reporting this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Yash, just to confirm - we had this fix in internal testing for a few days and should have addressed both problems you brought up. If you have the time - please download the latest beta (should be build 23.3.0.41) and let me know if this works better for you.
Thanks again for taking the time to send me your sample project. That helped a lot in tracking down your issue.  To give some background - this is a perfect example for why Beta is so important to us. The issue itself was a pretty rare edge case where three rare conditions had to match up for it to reproduce.

We do have a large set of automatic tests that run on text based editing every day but we didn't run into that exact condition (we do have a new automatic test now to cover this - so it should not happen anymore).

Anyway - should be fixed. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources