• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Version of Premiere Pro (Beta) repeatedly crashes

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of PP Beta (24.2) keeps crashing on me witing a few minutes of opening a project. Everything seemed fine until I tried to click on the Enhance Speech option. The program immediately crashed. It has continued to do so every time I subsequently open up the program.

I initially thought it was an issue with the Enhance Speech module.  In fact, I located the "Add-ons" section of the program listings in Creative Cloud and saw that Enhaced Speech was not added. So, I added it. Still no good. In fact, when in the program and clicking on another editing feature, NOT Enhance Speech, the program again immediately crashed. This is a new development as I have used the Enhace Speech feature before (and was frustrated by its constant rendering every time I made an edit). I just tried the feature again on a different project with the same results.

I am on a MacBook Pro M1, Sonoma 14.1.2 (which a new update as of yesterday). 

At the start of this issue, I was able to designate a clip as "Dialogue" a couple of times, but as soon as I try to analyze the clip, the program crashed. Now, as soon as I selet Audio from the top right of the screen, or select Essential Sound from the drop-down menu, the program crashes. 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug , Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What build are you on? Bugs come and go in the Beta version.

Are you saying the problem happened after you updated to Sonoma 14.1.2?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan,

Both Sonoma and PPB updated on the same day, so I don't know which is causing the error, but basically "yes" is the answer. There have been a couple of further PPB updates since, but nothing has solved the issue for me. I can sometimes do a few bits of editing, but nothing longer than five minutes before the program crashes. Sometimes, as soon as it reopens, if I try to manipulate the timeline in any way, the program crashes. 

Thanks for any advice you can give.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Miles Emerson Sorry for the difficulties you're experiencing. We understand how frustrating persistent crashes can be (even in a beta build) and we'd like to help if we can. Have you been sending the crash reports whenever you see Adobe's crash dialog. If so, can you share with me (in a direct message) the Adobe ID / email you're using for your version of PrPro? Emai ID is the easiest way to find crash reports from customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated the Adobe Premier Pro to BETA. I am having the same problem. I did a quick search on the internet. Complaints about Premiere Beta are all over the place. Some posts date back to December. 

It would have been great if there was an update here, but there is none. I have a project sitting on my computer, cannot finish the project since Premiere Beta crashes every 5 minutes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Akin29011834u5zu Unfortunately, there isn't just one widespread crashing bug happening for all Beta build users that we can just fix and then post an update about. But of course we don't want any of our users constantly crashing, even in a Beta build. Can you tell us more about what you are doing when the crash happens and which build of Pr Beta you are using? Does it help if you use the Reset Options, which you can access by holding down any modifier key (like Shift) when launching Pr?

ResetOptions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My Premiere Pro beta version crashes every time I just open the file. Makes it unusable for a short 1 minute video. I have a few ingested AI files, videos, and stills. The program sometimes operates for a few seconds and then crashes. Help, please. Should I just go to the more stable platform of normal premiere pro 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources