• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BAD IDEA: Workspaces have been relocated into a dropdown

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new dropdown button, then selecting a workspace is a very poor idea.

We use this all the time to switch between layout. ie. editing, graphics, effects, user defined

Now I have to go to a button, look down a list to find it, and then click on it.

Too many button presses and too much effort to change a workspace, and sometime you click on the wrong one in the list.

Please put it back the way it was. Having each workspace at the top of the screen is clear, simple and easy to use.

The beta notes say:
"Workspaces have been relocated into a dropdown menu on the right which is a much better use of space."

It's not because there's a lot of space up there, and it's made it much more difficult to use.

TOPICS
Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it's not an advantage and it takes longer to do things. The menu bar has nothing else there, so why not use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. As I mentioned in the primary discussion thread for this, I get the desire to want to clean-up the interface a bit, however there should still be at least SOME single-click workspaces.

A suggested compromise I had was to add 3 assignable workspace buttons to the header. This way you keep the clean look, but you ensure everyone gets access to some single-click workspaces for their most commonly used ones. Like this:

WSconcept.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please just leave it the way it is. There's no need to make it 'look' less cluttered. It's not about looks, or limiting us to 3 workspaces, it has to be functional.

We're used to cluttered...just checkout any timeline!

Cheers,
Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is a bad construction. I too often switch between workspaces

But my guess its here to stay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have around nine (9) custom workspaces ... which I guess I'll need to master the keyboard shorts for now.

I do NOT like not having the option to display the workspace bar.

AT. ALL.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A weak idea. I know you can get used to shortcut for this . But most of us use shortcuts rather for timeline operations Ale changing  regarding workspace is rather done with interface . Especially that sometimes changing workspace can take a while. depending on the speed of your computer .

In general, the new interface bar is a strange thing ,  Why the house icon opens a floating  "Welcome to.." window ?  .    Some people also work on 2 monitors , where this solution does not help at all .

Make it at least possible to turn off the new bar and return to the old

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Calm down guys, we are in beta version yet. for sure there will be adjustments, I've seen in another post for example that something is in preparation related to the option to hide this part of the Export, Import menus.

this type of organization follows a trend.
as I'm a DaVinci user, I'm getting along very well with this separate layout.

so let's wait. but also being closed to any kind of change, it's not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an editior I am ALWAYS switching between workspaces. I make a lot of 30 second promos that workspaces for:

Effects

Audio

Libraries

Graphics

Colour

There's 5 right there, not to mention dual monitor and single monitor layouts.

Try churning out 30 to 40 of these a day, multiplied by the number of times I need to change workspaces!!

So, unless we get in now and say NO, Adobe will implement it.

I consider this user feedback and there's hasn't been a lot of  love for the new dropdown menu....the justification of which is to "make it a better use of space".

It's actually a worse use of space. The space it there, so it should be used exactly the way it is now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I mean really!? - import/edit/export - how useful will that be to any full-time editor?

It's a shame, as imho Workspaces was one of Adobe's better ideas. To me it seems these changes aren't necessarily to improve the software as such but rather an effort to unify the interface across the various CC apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, just a bad idea. I don't care about an interface across products. I user Premiere 98% of the time and After Effects the other 2%.

I want usability, not a 'less cluttered, pretty' interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources