• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discuss : Nvidia Hardware Accelerated Encode for H264/HEVC

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest Adobe Premiere Pro Beta build we have enabled Hardware Accelerated Encoding through Nvidia GPU card.

If you have Nvidia GPU card on your Windows machine, you will be able to use this feature.

To enable this option, select H.264/HEVC from the Format drop-down under Export Settings. Then under the Video tab, go to Encoding Settings and set the Performance to Hardware Encoding. Setting it to Software Encoding will disable hardware encoding and Adobe Premiere Pro won't use Nvidia HW to encode the media. Please see attached screenshot.

Feature is enabled in Adobe Premiere Pro Beta , Adobe Media Encoder Beta and Adobe Premiere Rush.

Please try out the feature and share your feedback.

enable_hardware_encoding.jpg

[Image embedded by mod]

TOPICS
Feedback , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Hi Everyone,

Nvidia Encode support is now available in the released (non-Beta) versions of:
- Media Encoder 14.2
- Premiere Pro 14.2
- Premiere Rush 1.5.12

Thank you to all for your feedback during the Feature Development. 

Thanks

Brajesh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CoolTNT,

Please update latest Nvidia display drivers and also share the copy of Premiere Pro Projecct file and Source file.

Regards

Abhishek 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I am not allowed to share this project file, however, if you can provide a sample project file I can test it on my system. I think it might have something to do with Lumetri Color - I tried exporting another project that was very simple and did not use Lumetri, and it was faster with NVIDIA compared to Quick Sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly the GTX 1050 isn't the most powerful card in the world, so I'm not too surprised with the result, but I'm definitely willing to cross compare. 

If someone from Adobe wants to publish a benchmark project, I'd be happy to run it on a bunch of my systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, there may be some systems where the NVIDIA GPU is not fast enough to beat the built-in Intel Quick Sync, especially in battery-powered laptops. Adobe should allow the user to choose Quick Sync even if the NVIDIA GPU is available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will that also be available for playback/scrubbing in timeline? AMD-users do not have quick-sync but the newer hardware is generally more powerful so it would be great if hardware enabled playback/scrubbing would be possible... Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMD does not offer an equivelant to Intel QuickSync, unfortunately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My performance card is blurredSnap2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share which GPU card you have on this machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Performance card is blurred. Please help me to open it

Snap2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If HW encode is not supported, it will default to SW encode and remain disabled. Please share GPU card that you have on this machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have shared as shown. You have specific instructions, share yourself a little

Snap3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere 14.2 no supot 

Snap4.jpgSnap5.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which nvidia graphicscard do you have installed in your system. Please name the model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have specific instructions?

Snap6.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my computer system

Snap7.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try upgrading to latest driver.

Hardware Encoding on Nvidia card is supported for driver version 435.15 and above.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you. drive highest version, but Premiere 14.2 when not receiving

Snap7.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if there is a project, Hadw is on, if a project is Hadw turned off, I do not understand the reason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hardw does not recognize it, but Premiere doesn't recognize it

f.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hardware Encoding No support Video AVCHD 50I - or 60t  - only support Video AVCHD 60P, 50P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hoanhv60189797,

As per screen shot for filed order  option upper filed  is selected which is not supported by Hardware Encoding. if you change the field to Progressiv then you will be able to choose Hardware Encoding.

Regards

Abhishek 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone confirm that this still will not work with h264 2 Pass VBR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct

Adobe is using Nvidia’s NVENC framework

Edit: as I look more into it, NVENC does actually have a 2 pass option (hidden under Maximum quality) in addition to the Rate Distortion Optimization option which is similar. It would be nice to see Adobe open up some more of these options. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hardware encoding works great and is something everyone's been waiting on for a long time, one minor thing about it though.
When using dynamic link, any frame effected by it will render very slowly with very low cpu and gpu usage. I'm not sure if this is a glitch.

Beta software installed:
Premiere Pro beta
Media Encoder beta

After Effects beta

Hardware:
Nvidia 2080 Super
AMD 3950x
64GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources