• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DISCUSS: Redesigned header bar

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new header bar provides a centralized navigation within Premiere Pro (Beta), connecting the core phases in the editing process: Import, Edit, and Export. The new header bar will be a common design element across the Creative Cloud applications to help users orient themselves more easily within different creative cloud apps.

PrPro_New-HeaderBar-BETA-Illustration2.png

Switch between modes on the left: Import to get footage in, Edit to do all your creative work, and Export to get sequences exported for various destinations. Workspaces have been relocated into a dropdown menu on the right.  This is a much better use of space.

More detailed info on the workflows: New import & export in Premiere Pro (Beta)

FAQ: FAQ | New import and export in Premiere Pro (Beta)

We want to know what you think about the new header bar.  Please join the conversation below.

To leave comments about the new Import and Export workflows, please visit these dedicated pages:

TOPICS
Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transient icons are ones that appear only when needed.  For example, the warning exclamation would appear when there is an error detected by the system compatibility report - like your GPU drivers need updating.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I get it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really like the last version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy cow.

Just adding my voice to this after inspecting the Beta. This is definitely what editors need. STOP HIDING EVERYTHING BEHIND MENUS just like that exposure slider in AE.

There is plenty of real-estate available in your UI design to place information in an era where 1440 or 4K screens are very common. Your software doesn't need to become an iPad app!

If you really want to please proffesionals and encourage beginners to explore and learn make the non hidden with transient icons layout the default. Dumbing down UI to make it less overwhelming for beginners is counter intuitive imo. They will probably never know that workspaces are a thing until a pro sees it and tells to stop moving windows around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really love the whole new UI and workflow, and I thought it would release with 2022 version but it didn't, so I wonder when will these feature roll for release? BTW, "Show workspace" is quite useful avoiding too many clicks and make it more efficient & visually friendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the support @wardzhou .  We haven't set a release target yet.  This is a big change and we need to be sure we got it right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We really appreciate everyone's feedback here. We'll end up with a better product because of it.  We are still working on the adjsutments that were proposed earlier in the thread regarding the workspace switcher, so stay tuned on that.  I'm running a simple survey to help aggregate the sentiment.  It's very simple and shouldn't take more than 5min.  Thank you for your participation! 

https://forms.office.com/r/sCah4A1KM0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filled out your survey, Francis.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. ¿Any idea about when this new workflow will be launched on a final release? I'm recording a video-training and I don't know if record the actual workflow or wait for the new one.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, @marliton .  We have not set a date for release yet.  Feel free to DM me and we can chat more if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about this: place the workspaces as a hovering dropdown within 'Edit'? 

The result would be a single-click clean looking like this :
Import  Edit:Color  Export

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why cannot we have it the same as Ae or Au?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please return the ability to switch with one click between workspaces or add ability to assign hotkeys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will there be an option to hide this whole bar in the final release, for us, who don't need buttons for the function of switching between import, edit, and export? I am assuming that keyboard shortcuts will always exist to get me there. Same for workspaces.

For those who want it, yes, it's clear and functional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We made some big updates to the workspace switcher design.  I started a new thread just on that topic.  Please take a look.  https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/discuss-workspace-switcher-improvements...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much better! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we hide this header bar? It's not useful (all these functions are elsewhere) and takes up space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked about this at NAB today. Simple answer: this is a Design Decision. That change ain't happening. But from the way it was answered, I'm guessing this was a Corporate decision for branding design. Not something the team could change.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're saying someone intimated that they wouldn't have placed this new header here, but corporate insisted? And that they still think it's extraneous? Did you gather that they might try to change it down the road? Sounds like classic top down decision making. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ever seen the memes about something like ... "Rule number 1: I'm the boss, I sign your checks, I make the decisions. Rule number 2: if I'm wrong, re-read Rule number 1."

If Corporate says X will be done as "branding" across all apps, then Corporate rules. Period.

We users are welcomed to add our thoughts about the apps at any time. While this forum is primarily user-to-user "help", the forum they seem to look to for user thoughts on changes seems to be more their public beta forum. There are normally staffer/dev responses on threads over there.

And they look at a wide array of data on what users use, do, and think about working within the apps. What each of us need to realize is we are only one data-point of many thousands. They will happily take my input, for instance. Both via the forums and in person at things like NAB or MAX. However, very respectfully, I am still only one (1) data point. I never forget that.

Every user I've ever met does everything differently than I do, or any other user. Understanding that is really crucial for understanding why changes are made. And yes, I've complained rather vocally when things were changed that ticked me off. But again, I know I'm only one person. NOT "the user base".

I have no clue as to what the staffers thought of this set of changes, they carefully didn't go there. My assumption from their comments is they probably didn't see it as truly necessary to the operation of the app, but remember ... the developer's perspective tends to be rather non-emotional and "dry" for things like determining what is necessay versus what is nice or mostly sort of useful.

A lot of things that aren't truly necessary are done, of course. This being the real world with humans making the decisions.

As to when or if that would change, well ... how the heck would we know?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking they want to force visibility and thus awerness of the new import interface (the export interface everyone would naturally encounter when they export their first project in the new version).  Perhaps after a full year cycle has gone through, and enough people ask for a way to hide it, they'll do what they should have done in the first place, make it optional, and then call it a new 'feature'.  I've come to the conclusion that it's all about 'Corporate rules. Period.' as Neil says, and would add that when it comes down to it, the Adobe team generally doesn't care about its users.  They care about our subscriptions, sure, and doing enough to keep them active year after year.  But actually caring about us users, addressing our biggest pain points first before running off on new design tangents few if any ever asked for?  It's hard to believe they care when so many more pressing issues were thrown on the back burner yet again just so we could have redesigned import and export interfaces that will help few intermediate to pro users.

If I ran the company, in addition to the new features my team and I would to put out each cycle, I'd allow users to vote on their order of importance to have 5-10 imediately actionable user requests implemented, and then follow through by implementing them in that order.  THAT's how I would run my business, with demonstrable signs of caring and actual follow through!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really want a user voted thing? I've heard of a number of very high requested things that have been passed to the engineers "for consideration" ... and the engineers were far less stunned than I was. They've seen enough of that before. Unbelievable crud.

Across the total user base, well ... there's some real winners out there ...

To say it again. The new import page dropped a bunch of options no one ever used ... and the replacement options are actually getting used by some users. (Not that it's for me, understand.)

And those of us who need the more complex project structures work exactly as we always have.

So, you're upset with changes they made that are actually getting used, unlike the things they replaced, because they didn't fix your favorite ills? As that is what it sounds like. Sort of ... "If I don't get what I want, no one else is supposed to get anything either ... "

Is that really what you meant to say?

Well, they didn't 'fix' a number of my itches either, and yea ... I'm exactly one user.

I really, really don't get all the angst over this change. They replaced some never-used options with some that are really cool for some users. Doesn't affect the rest of us one bit.

I'm sorry, I just can't see the emotional angsting over this. At all.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate folks may not have asked for it, or especially like it, but it's really little more than an emulation of the 'paged' design used in Blackmagic Design's Resolve (Media, Edit, Deliver). I've used Resolve a lot this last year and it doesnt bother me in the slightest over there, so I doubt it will bother me here either (once I've gotten used to it). To be fair, the Resolve user community are also pretty vocal about poor use of screen real estate in their UI, albeit I've never seen anyone complain about the (footer) bar... but for them a) it's always been there, b) it can be minimised and/or disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah but their format/codec section is much more clearer.

Premiere preset (manager) is a pita imo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

andymees ... yea, my first sight of the new Import/Edit/Export options bar immediately brought up ... Resolve. And though I work in that app daily, and constantly here from a ton of colorists how much they love that app ... the UI over there drives me insane. So I wasn't thrilled with the new design of Premiere but know that hey, I can deal with it.

Ann ... Resolve's format/codec section is sorta cleaner, agreed ... but I've known of a ton of users getting troubles trying to get to the right settings even there. For me, it's ... some ... clearer, than the new Pr presets section. Not by a long shot.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources