• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DISCUSS: Retain most recently used export preset in export mode

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Pro beta version 23.1 build 38 or later, we will now remember the last used export preset, making it easier to do subsequent exports from the same sequence. In the previous version, the export preset was reset to default.

Presets are still remembered per sequence. You can always change the preset for any sequence before export. We will also remember the location on the disk where you saved the last export.

Here is an example:

• Sequence A – export using an H.264 preset
  • Sequence B – export using a ProRes preset

Next time you export either sequence, it will present the last preset used for that sequence. 

When exporting one or more clips from the project panel directly, we will remember the preset used, and this is a global setting across the whole project.

We have a few questions for the beta community:

• Would you prefer the preset setting to be retained per sequence or across the whole project?
  • Would you prefer the export mode to work differently than the quick export?
  • Would you prefer the location to be saved globally or per sequence?

We want to know what you think.  Please join the conversation below.

TOPICS
Feature request , Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Across the project for me ...
  • probably ... quick export would be to get a quick H.264 for perusal, might be nice to say have Quick Ex and 'normal' Ex be able to be different.
  • Hmmmm ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Across project.

- Never use quick export. Like to check the settings first.

- Difficult to answer. Would have to try first. See what feels most comfortable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workflow currently involves exporting the same sequence, but often with the name changing, so it is a different sequence? Because I am very aware that my preferences are based on my limited workflow, I can make a case for this being a Preference selection.

1- Across Project
2 - I never use the Quick Export; I'm always checking something. I can see the value, just haven't had the need.

3 - For me, location remembered globally (obviously per project).

Here's a relevant thread from 2 days ago:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-bugs/not-remembering-last-used-export-location/idi-...

There, I said the "expected behavior" (i.e. previous method?) is for the export dialogue to show the folder last exported to. I'm not sure what you mean above about resetting to the default. Because of my workflow, I experience it as functioning like the proposed method. But I think it is currently, what, sticky globally for all sequences, in all projects?

I vaguely thought that if you did not complete the export operation from the Export Dialogue (i.e. return to edit mode), any filename or folder change you made you was lost. But in my testing for that thread, I discovered that it keeps the location change made, even if the export is not completed. I leave the export just to check something or make one last tweak, so I almost always want that change. So I like the sticky-location-change-for-the-next-export.

And while I'd sorta like the aborted-export-name-change to stick, I don't really care as long as we keep the "previous exorts are visible/selectable when changing location" method.

I'd really like a Cancel button in the Export mode. I worries me everytime I have to cancel by just clicking back on edit mode.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although not an agency, we work with loads of different clients and export formats and therefore have folder structures that reflect that.
This means for us ‘per sequence’ on presets and location is quite handy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Across project
  • Don't use quick export (I hide the header bar for extra screen real estate)
  • Globally (as in Across project)

*N.b. Bug still present in Pr 23.0 that prevents exiting export mode with escape key

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would prefer you give us the option to use the previous export window WITHIN Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still use it if you send your file to AME.

I do this all the time. Still not liking the new export window, too much clicking and scrolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ... hence why I capitalised "WITHIN".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1: Across project

2: Depends on what the change would entail but I could see the value in it.

3: Globally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm always in for Premiere to be smarter..

example (at first start of Premiere)

open your startup project and save that to a new location (where your media files are...)

What should happen if the user wants to import mediafiles?

Not start in my documents!

Start in the last saved location of the project, I would say...

excample 2

I saved a nice workspace in a previous project. (as a workspace preset)

Now I close Premiere and restart Premiere and select new project....

workspace is totaly different....

when I select my own workspace preset, it stil does not recall my settings....

So workspace presets are always linked on a certain project, that's NOT smart....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding example 2: If you'd like to use your selected workspace for everything, and not honor the workspace saved with the project(s) you're opening, UN-check the Window --> Workspaces --> Import Workspaces from Projects item. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

import workspace was deselected, did you try the steps I mentioned?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use the MediaBrowser ... or that new Import page (I don't use the import page of course) you can set Favorites, so that the folders you want to check are at the top of the list.

For number two, that happens when you have import workspaces from projects selected. Deselect that, and it works from your saved workspaces.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mediabrowser and the import tab are way to slow...

direct double click in the project panel is much faster (or Rmuis import)

+ you have al the filter option from explorer too..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see how the MediaBrowser is slower than Explorer/Finder, I use both.

Except with Explorer/Finder I have to navigate the whole 'tree' ... and in MediaBrowser I click a favorited folder, and I go directly to the top folder of media, which is faster.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • Would you prefer the preset setting to be retained per sequence or across the whole project?

Per project (although this could be a preference users set in the Preferences window (per sequences vs per project) AFTER all of the dozens of more pressing issues in Pr are resolved, since setting it that way would obviously take much more programming resources that would be best allocated elsewhere at the moment)

• Would you prefer the export mode to work differently than the quick export?

No need to be different.  Consistency is best.  I always access my presets through Quick Export, so it would be nice to have the same functionality available there.

• Would you prefer the location to be saved globally or per sequence?

Globally.  Once again, as per my answer to question #1, this could be a user preference (globally vs per sequence) once all of the more pressing issues are solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources