• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Now in Beta: Deprecation of the in-app reference monitor

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you know that there are actually three monitor windows in Premiere Pro?  There are the Source Monitor and Program Monitor that everyone knows and loves, but there is also the Reference Monitor.  We have decided to remove the Reference Monitor due to extremely low usage and awareness.  In the ongoing effort to modernize our codebase and maintain the highest possible quality in the app, we sometimes have to say goodbye to old, out-of-date features.

FrancisCrossman_0-1712699197208.png

Don’t worry!

• We are NOT removing the source monitor.
  • We are NOT removing the external transmit monitor capability (what most people call a reference monitor).  Your AJA and BMD boxes will continue to function!

We want to know what you think.  Please join the conversation below.

TOPICS
Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wont miss the ref monitor:never use it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the effort to clean up and modernize the code base and removing unused / rarely used features like this is a great step to being able to focus on what's actually important!

Great move!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose ... I haven't used it that often, but at times it was a lifesaver.

I suppose one can have a sequence in the Source monitor, another in the Program ... hmmm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very good for colorgrading. So you don´t have to jump in the timeline to see the grading in your previous shot. I think i would miss it :(.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely a loss for people doing color grading or color reference work. RIP SpeedGrade. Tough business decisions happen. 

Can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE address the long running Lumetri Scopes Waveform reference level issue? The Y axis of a waveform monitor should never ever EVER move. Yes, I can clamp the signal, but I want to see all the way to 108 IRE without having the chart jump around on me mindlessly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've rarely used it. I won't miss it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources