• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Now in beta: Linear timecode support

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linear timecode (LTC) support is now available in Premiere Pro Beta. LTC is encoding of timecode data in an audio signal. It is useful for ensuring accurate synchronization of multiple video and audio sources. 

Two Premiere Pro operations benefit from LTC support: creating multi-camera source sequences and synchronizing clips. 

In the Clips > Create Multi-Camera Source Sequence dialog, we have added an “Other Timecode” popup menu, with the option to choose LTC. Choosing this option will synchronize the clips using the timecode in the audio track of the clip. 

In the Clips > Synchronize dialog, we have not yet added an option to directly choose LTC. To use LTC with Clip > Synchronize, you must first select the clips you want to synchronize, then select Clip > Modify > Timecode > Linear Timecode (LTC). With that done, select the clips on the timeline, then go to Clip > Synchronize > Timecode and click on Ok. Note that the display of the timecode in the Synchronize dialog is not accurate; this will be fixed in a future beta. However, the synchronization process will use the correct timecode and your clips will be accurate aligned. 

We’d love to get your feedback on this feature! We’re also interested to know what hardware devices you’re using to generate linear timecode. 

Regards,

Fergus

TOPICS
Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some more testing: Sorry, I have to correct. My Y-cable had a defect and that results a weaker Left Channel. 
This defect reduced the sound level. Therfore it was VALID, as the Right Channel was override and not valid for LTC interpretation!
Meanwhile, I build the adapter for  reducing the signal. Three test files are produced: "LTC-on-Left", "LTC-on-Right" and Jesses configuration "LTC-on-left plus Sound-on Right" - which is a recommended way in case of a Sound backup for TC problems! -> Result: All three works fine.  You will find test files attached.
Note: With using a Y-Splitter cable, the Sony additional mic power is no longer supported!
Attached, I add a new cable plan for Level Reduction for Zoom F6 or Sony FX6.
Note: Zoom F6 has the LTC output on left channel and LTC input on its right channel. Don't short-circuit L+R! 

As Upload size is too big, please download from WeTransfer: https://we.tl/t-utTxvQFYlE

Regards,

Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

it would save me so much time if the LTC option under modify --> timecode of clips would work for me. I can't figure out, why the option is greyed out for me.

In the attached picture, you can see, that the LTC timecode is on audio channel 3 of the video file that I'm trying to modify. If I export the clip to h264 and import it back into Premiere, I am able to modify the timecode. Without changing anything before exporting. 

How can I make the original clip with 4 mono audio channels to work without transcoding? Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my troubles with LTC option is greyed out, was caused by level problems.
Attached an example with a valid LTC signal on upper channel L and a sound signal (Mic) on channel R. Both are nearly same level.  see second picture 
This example was detected as valid LTC file. Therefore, LTC option was activ (not greyed out)!  
Regards,
Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting. However in my case the levels shouldn't be the problem. If I export the clip into the for example h264 format and leave the audio levels as they are, when I re-import that clip, the LTC option is no longer greyed out.

I would like to modify the timecode without transcoding the clip in any way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also find that there are still many cases lacking with the LTC implementation.

I have been able to sync a little bit (latest beta downloaded today), select LTC in the "modify" menu… but then on the timeline nothing syncs on LTC and the "media start" is not updated. Then, I restart PP Beta and the media start is updated…

I hope that this is ironed out more and improved significantly in the coming updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris Spiegl I sent you an email with a suggest we get on a video call to discuss. 

"select LTC in the "modify" menu… but then on the timeline nothing syncs on LTC"

Can you provide more info about what other steps you're doing? For example, how are you attempting to do the sync? 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JuanJuig Could you provide a link to a file that's not working for you? Also, when you export the file, then import it back into Premiere Pro, is the arrangement of audio tracks different? Or does it look exactly like the original file? 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is one of the many files that I'm unable to modify (LTC timecode):
https://we.tl/t-kyy0QMc34A

Yes, the arrangement of audio tracks is different. But I'm assuming that shouldn't be a factor, since the LTC timecode should be recognised on any of the tracks? If that is not the case it would be good to add an option to choose which audio track to analyse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Can you tell me the source of this file? Did it come from a camera and if so, which one? 

Update

I wanted to let you know that we've been able to duplicate the issue you're see and we're working to fix it in an updated beta. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is a proxy that I created from a R3D file, shot with Komodo X.

Ok, great. How often do these kinds of upgrades happen?

Thank you for your replies and for taking the time to adress the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JuanJuig We usually release a new beta each day. The fix for this particular issue will probably arrive early next week. 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2024 Jul 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Fergus,
I add tests with saving LTC on a Sony FS5 camcorder. That can export TC but not import.

Sound level is no problem, as it can switch between line and mic level. TC generator were a Sony FX6 camcorder as well a Zoom F6 voice recorder as tested before to send their LTC signal to a Sony A7M4.
However,  at the FS5 file the LTC option is greyed out.

I would like to provide you with the produced MXF example file, butMXF files are not allowed to upload.  How can I send you  such a file?

Regards,

Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources