• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Now in Beta: Replicate OS directory structure on import with import mode

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro now has the option to keep the folder structure exactly the same as the OS filesystem when importing folders through import mode.    

FrancisCrossman_0-1704759830529.pngUntil now, Import Mode did not have the ability to replicate folders on disk as bins in the project.  Import Mode would just import a flat list of files. In some cases, this may be desired, but in most cases, you want to maintain the organization from your folder structure on disc.  Now we provide an option.  Find this in the new “Organization” section in import mode.

We want to know what you think.  Please join the conversation below.  

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Francis. I look forward to hearing about our customer experience with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a huge improvement! I especially like that it imports only the top folder of "camera formats" like ACVHD, XDCAM, etc. Nice. Thank you!

The new Import mode still fails to import Adobe Illustrator (.ai) files, though, even when importing a whole folder with its content. It's about time Adobe supports its own format in this mode, so we don't have to drag from Finder/Explorer or use the Media Browser for .ai files. It's 2024—you can make it happen!  😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't seem to be working for me for nested folders. It only is importing the next level folders of the top level folder I choose - but doesn't import any folders inside of the next level folder. It should keep folder structure in tact if there are folders within folder within folders. This may work ok as Jarle said with "Camera formats" but I have a huge folder a client provided with jpeg folders, and MP4s, separated by location> date> camera>etc, and I really want an option to have all the sub folders directly imported as is no matter how many levels of folder organization there is as this is important "metadata" for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share more details and some screenshots? Nested folders are supported and should be imported. I'd love to understand more about what's going on here.  Feel free to PM and thanks for taking a look!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very welcome improvement! Makes the Import window much more useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

프리미어를 사랑하는 한국인 PD입니다.

a. 기본 그래픽
기본 그래픽의 캡션 데코레이션 기능을 포토샵 수준으로 업그레이드할 생각이 있으신지 궁금합니다. 레거시 타이틀은 과거에는 느렸지만 3D 자막을 만들기에 충분했지만, 지금은 다양한 디자인 작업에서 상대적으로 부족합니다.

b. 오디오 편집
어도비 오디션의 활용성을 프리미어로 가져오는 것이 좋을 것 같습니다.

c. 프레임 재귀
알 수 없는 이유로 동영상을 로딩하고 오류가 반복적으로 발생하는 경우가 있습니다. 오류를 없애기 위해 mp4로 다시 인코딩하고 있지만 만성적인 문제는 고쳐야 할 것 같습니다. 또한 업데이트할 때마다 GPU에 충돌이 자주 발생하는 것 같습니다.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will have to try this with lightroom folders... Hoping it works.  I wonder if they will ever get some type of link to libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources