• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subtitles "+" button is grayed out after one caption

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I add one caption, the + button stays grayed out and I have to changte sequences or restart premiere to be able to add another one.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

Thank you for reporting this issue. The "plus" button is disabled if there would be a conflict when adding a caption segment for the current position of the playhead. Moving the playhead to a point in time where there is no capiton segment already available will re-enable the plus button.

Best regards,

Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alexander, thanks for mentioning this. My tests indicate that as long as there is one second or more from the CTI to the next caption segment, the plus button is enabled. If one frame less than one second, no plus button.

But I expected that Sequence -> Captions -> Add Caption at Playhead and Ctrl+Alt+C would behave the same. Sometimes they did. But sometimes, they were inactive as much as one and a half seconds earlier.

Most surprinsgly, at other times, I could get them to work with a new caption segment that would be only a few frames long.

I could not find a pattern as to when those options were active and not.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

juan, let us know if that was your issue.

I forgot to add that you may want to review your workflow. The PR2021-2022 caption workflow is new, and we are still discovering best practices.

For example, when you use the plus button to add a caption, the focus stays in the Text panel. If you work in the Timeline, and use Ctrl+Alt+C to add a caption, the focus stays in the timeline. You can then use the following workflow to add a next caption:

Note that there is a keyboard shortcut for "Edit Selected Caption Text" that is unassigned by default. I use Ctrl+Alt+X.

Position for next caption.

Ctrl+Alt+C (creates new caption segment)

Ctrl+Alt+X (puts you in edit mode)

Type caption/Paste caption from outside PR

Esc to exit edit mode

Down Arrow (to end of caption segment).

Repeat if next caption starts right after the previous; or move CTI to correct beginning of next caption.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources