• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text-Based Editing Update: Bulk Delete Speakers for Faster Cleanup

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am excited to introduce a new feature that streamlines rough cut cleanup. You can now select all dialogue by a particular speaker in the transcript and quickly remove it from the video. This feature facilitates the removal of any irrelevant dialogue from your timeline, especially interviewers or other off-camera conversations in unscripted content.

How it works

• In the Text Panel -> Transcript tab -> top-left corner, click on the Filter icon and select “Speakers”
  • In the speaker drop-down menu, select the person whose dialogue you want deleted
  • Click “Delete”

TeresaDemel_0-1707328802762.png

TeresaDemel_1-1707328819082.png

TeresaDemel_2-1707328839106.png

Notes

• You can only delete dialogue on a Sequence/Timeline. Footage cannot be deleted from Source transcriptions.
  • Make sure to rename speakers in your Source transcript since “Speaker 1” could be two different people in two different source clips.

Feedback

• Does it work as expected?
  • Is the user experience smooth with minimal clicks?
  • What else?

TOPICS
Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, this is GREAT! Just what I was asking about not too long ago!

It seems to work well so far.

An additional idea - after filtering and selecting the speaker, could you add the ability to keep the video and audio, but to just move them onto different tracks, or to show the selection on the timeline so you can move them. That way if you do want to keep both people, but say one person had a mic on and the other person's audio needs to be separated and fixed, you could do that.

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very cool. Thank you for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO cool! I posted the thread about this a year ago! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is this just in the beta version? If so what is the process of becoming a Beta user? Thanks! Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now I think it's just in Beta. It's sort of a work in progress, but huge steps towards being useful. Don't recall how you sign up for the Beta program, but it was pretty painless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Matt356510725xii,

The PR Beta is now public, meaning anyone with a subscription can install it. It can be installed independently from your production version(s). You do so from the regular CC Desktop.

See the Beta FAQs:
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-beta.html

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This option "Speakers" doesn't appear in my Adobe Premiere (I am using the latest version as of today). I do attach this screenshot:

Captura de pantalla 2024-04-02 a las 16.15.14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filtering by Speakers is only in the Beta version. New; I have not played with it yet.

It shows for me in Beta 24.4.0 Build 35.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded BETA and see the option now but the Delete button remains greyed out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dmakk767,

I am testing in Beta 24.5.0.43. I cannot find a way to get the Delete button active. As noted before, I did not test this in earlier Beta's. I do not know if something changed, if this never worked right, or if I am doing something wrong.

So I suspect a bug.

@TeresaDemel Can you comment?

This was a single speaker sample, but I did edit speakers so I had 2 options. After selecting "Speakers" in the filter, you must select a speaker in the drop down. (Once I selected one, I could not go back to  none selected.)

I suspect that, as with other filters, the delete is only available in Sequence/Program Monitor view.

But I could not get the delete button active there.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the quick response. This is the most frustrating thing! I am just getting into video editting and thought I was being smart by reusing the same project for similar videos. Seems like replacing/removing the transcripts would be an OG feature, not an after thought. Either way I have wasted hours trying to make something work that is not even possible, haha. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources