Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the import tab is black

Enthusiast ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In Premiere Pro Beta v22.0.0.83, I have noticed that the "import" tab is completely black (no content).

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Saw this in build 87. Trashing Prefs does wonders.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saw this in build 87. Trashing Prefs does wonders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question really needs to be is why do we need to trash and rebuild our preferences so often. I can't think of another app I have ever used where this happens and happens SO often. Nothing takes you out of the creative flow like having to think than the, all to familiar flow of Launch-->horrendous bug or playback--->trash cache--->trash preferences--->trash secret other cache on local disk--->open adobe--->reset all your preferences--->reset your keyboard layout--->redo workspaces---> wait for software to be done rebuilding .cfa files and .pek, and other cache...>ok good i guess I wasted a couple hours today on just software maintence that no other NLE requires to my knowledge.

Like how does it become corrupted so easily? This should not be happeneing!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is after all Beta.

You should not use it for your regular work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the beta thing. I don't use it for my paid projects. These issues of frequently needing to trash preferences and cache are present in the current "stable" build of Premiere. In my mind you would hope to see these issues start to get addressed in beta, not multiply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I'm trying to get at is that a lot of Premiere's perceived instability in the filmmaking community comes from constantly having to reset the the program to its default state and troubleshoot things on a weekly if not daily basis just to get the job done.  

It's nice that Premiere has a way to get back to a known good state -- trashing the preferences, but this should be the nuclear option not the day to day operation of the software. Premiere has had these problems for years and its sort of absurd that it doesn't really ever get addrsesed fully. 

I guess if the underlying problem of prefernces is too complex to fully fix then Premiere should have some sort of "self-heal" on startup that can catch the corruption in the preferences/cache that is causing issues and interface glitching, instead of forcing the user to troubleshoot and fix it themselves so often. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand the beta thing. I don't use it for my paid projects. These issues of frequently needing to trash preferences and cache are present in the current "stable" build of Premiere. In my mind you would hope to see these issues start to get addressed in beta, not multiply. 

By @scrozier

I hardly ever trash preferences. Cash is only done after an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources