Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tonalité automatique

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

j'ai essayé la tonalité automatique sur des Rush 422 10 bits profil HLG (GH5 Panasonic). J'utilise la fonction avant toute modification de la colorimetrie sur le rush. Le résultat est vraiment abominable avec un curseur saturation qui affiche 174 !!! la couleur de peau n'est pas du tout bonne et les haute lumier sont toutes plates.

Les rushs sont bien reconnu dans un profil REC 2100HLG et la Time Line est aussi en REC 2100HLG

Bien cordialement

TOPICS
Bug , Feedback , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program monitor's 2100 display is somewhat an issue for me. I would note, that displaying that image on my reference monitor here (very well calibrated & profiled in Rec.709) shows a pretty good iamge for an auto-button.

But then ... capturing a real good Rec.2100 HLG to drag/drop in here is possibly problematic still also. The HDR options in PrPro are coming in sort of piecemeal, and don't seem fully operational to me yet. Though I always presume everyone's mileage always varies.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I also have a well calibrated monitor and the problem is not with the display. Just look on the vectorscope that the skin color is wrong. We can also see very well that the white balance is wrong ...
Good day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what testing I've done with it, usability in Rec.709 is better than in either HLG or PQ.

Past that, they have noted that it isn't well suited for working with any log original media especially using a conversion LUT of any kind. I would concur with that also.

I would also add that I found the use on your file to be pretty good for what this is intended for. It's not expected to get a perfect result. Just to quickly get closer to a final result. A first step.

Looking at the image on my system, and on yours via pics, it's only a couple tweaks to get to a usable neutral image. Quick mods to Basic tab sliders for tonal things, then the WB using the Creative Tab shadow/highlight "tint" wheels to fix the skin tones & color cast. Centering the area of probable neutral tones in the vectorscope and getting the obvious skin tones in the right area.

Given how far it's moved many sliders, I think it's taken the image quite a way towards usable.

Again, not at all perfect. But ready for a quick trim.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I tried this function mainly out of curiosity, wanting to see if it was usable or not. For me the verdict is simple: no interest
By applying a LUT and 2 or 3 small adjustments I get in a few seconds a much more satisfactory result: white balance ok and skin color ok.

For the moment this function is just a little efficient gadget. Definitely a misuse of AI!

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have missed the comment ... but this isn't suited for working after a LUT or with any log-style media. And your clip seems to be such.

So, for a clip it's not listed as working well with, it didn't do too bad.

Yea, it's something for more inexperienced people to use. For that use, with standard 'normal' Rec.709 media, it seems to do pretty decently for all the clips I've thrown at it for tonal changes. Tends to push the color controls too far, both over-saturated and over-adjusted for tempt/tint.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: when I used the "Auto Tone" function there was no LUT applied.

Christian Goubier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it is in Rec2100 color space also, is it not?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Christian Goubier
Curieux Voyageurs
Curieux Voyageurs sur Facebook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources