• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update: Premiere Pro Beta on Apple M1

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our team has been hard at work getting Premiere Pro and Media Encoder ready for Apple silicon and we'd like to give you an update on our progress.

All core functionality of the application has been ported, tested and is working well in our latest Beta versions. You can import footage, edit sequences, dial in your color, sweeten your audio, use effects, and create titles all at the speed of the M1 chip. Premiere Pro is working so well that we're proud to share benchmark results in a recent Pfeiffer Report. These results show just how fast Premiere Pro is on Apple M1.

Our SDKs have been published so our third party partners can update their effects, plug-ins, and panels to work with Premiere Pro on Apple M1. Check with your plug-in maker to see if they have a version ready for Apple silicon.

The following list of features are not currently available in the Beta version of Premiere Pro on Apple M1. Finalized documentation will be provided when the release version is ready.

• Capture workflows (DV, HDV, third-party capture support, and device control)
  • Export to Wraptor DCP
  • Import and export of the GoPro Cineform codec
  • Import of certain XDCAM formats
  • Export to the P2 Movie format
  • EUCON control surface support
  • AAF import and export
  • Sync Settings with Creative Cloud (Sync Settings is working as of Premiere Pro Beta 15.4 build 38)

As we enter the final stages of preparing Premiere Pro for Apple silicon we continue to tune performance for the M1 chip. Please use this forum to let us know if you encounter any issues, and thank you to everyone who has contributed so far.

If you would like to try the Beta on your M1 Mac, go to the Beta section of the Creative Cloud desktop application and install Premiere Pro (Beta).

TOPICS
Feedback , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't have the option in Project Settings to use either OpenCL or Metal rendering with the M1 beta... running on a macbook air.

Is there support for more than software rendering?

Thanks

Loren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LorenBrookes If you are using Premiere Pro Beta on an M1 Mac you should see a greyed out (disabled) box for the Renderer in the Project Settings. It should say that it's using "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Metal) - Recommended" but you won't be able to click on the menu to change it. If what you see looks like this, you're good to go:

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 22.49.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mattchristensen,

Thanks for your reply. I only have software renderer available.

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 6.01.44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LorenBrookes Thanks for clarifying. Was this project edited on another computer before being opened on your M1? Also could you try restarting Premiere Pro and creating a brand new project – then does it set to Metal? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have a similar but inverse problem. It only shows Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration. But the rendering takes very long even for a 20 sec video with low resolution. It took 120 seconds to render my 20 sec video with 3 video tracks, 2 audio track which were low resolution files. Please help. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

I'm running into an issue with captions overlapping. Initally the solve was to change the selection in the Renderer field to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only, but that's not an option for a Mac Mini 2020 M1. 

Here's a video of the issue:

https://share.getcloudapp.com/JruGO8Be

Any help will be much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday's update to 15.4 completely went in the opposite direction for me. The timeline is now red instead of yellow. Its like its not using the gpu correctly and when I open premiere I get an error. I cannot remember it now and I have since uninstalled and gone back to 15.3 and everything is working fine. Sorry If thats not enough info to help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I seem to be missing some features with captions on my m1 MacBook Pro, is this a known issue of the beta ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which functions are you missing? For an example of how functions are limited for different caption types, see this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta/premiere-pro-15-edit-caption-style-limited-function...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far working very well, using texts and transitions by Dinamic Link with After effects Beta.
Mister Horse plugin for premiere not work. Input problem, but working on Intel version and by dynamic link using after effects beta.

I'm looking forward to the AE m1 version, I hope we have news later this year, at least some beta version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When do you anticipate to release the non beta version for M1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes the aerendercore process behaves strangely, demanding a lot from high power cores. Even with the AE Beta opened by the dynamic link, the process continues at full power, having to end it manually. Note that after finishing it, nothing in the premiere project goes offline, the dynamic link continues to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

After updating today from (15. something) to (15.4) Premiere Pro Beta is so laggy I can't use it. I'm on a Mac Mini M1 2020, running Big Sur 11.2.1. When hitting spacebar to play there's a long delay before playback and scrubbing is not even possible. If I move the playhead to another position in the timeline and hit spacebar (or the play button) there's a lag of about 3 seconds before the preview plays. Really gutted - before the update Premiere was working fine for me, unbelievably fast rendering. 

Any ideas on a fix for this or should I revert to a previous version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any news to export wraptor dcp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@alessandrof15073353 No updates regarding Wraptor DCP. You can always run Premiere Pro in Rosetta mode to access exporting via Wraptor DCP. Quit Premiere Pro, open the Creative Cloud desktop application, and find Premiere Pro in the All Apps section. Click on the ellispes "..." menu and choose Open in Rosetta.

This help page will be updated if there are any changes to the list of known limitations: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/premierepro-and-macos-big-sur.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

I just updated to an M1 mac, and am trying to work with GoPro VR footage in Adobe Premiere and none of my clips are loading. Is there any news on when compatibility for GoPro Cineform will happen? Thanks so much!

Best,

Zane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problems with adding automatic subtitles in Premiere Pro Beta

After clicking the button "Transcribe sequence" in Premiere Pro Beta, I get " Rendering Audio Data" (going on forever and ever. See picture) instead of "Transcribing sequence". I work on a Macbook Pro. What do I do wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought I had solved my problem by upodating to the latest version of Premiere Pro Beta. And yes, I could transcribe two 2 minute videos. Hurray! Then I tried a 14 minute video. The transcribing worked very well but PPB crashes every time I try to export the transcribed video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources