• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-Transcribe stuck on SFX - kills entire project

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The auto transcription keeps trying to transcribe souf effects with no speech, and music tracks. It keeps doing this, endlessly with no success obviously, no matter how many times I try to kill the process. While it does this my project is unusable, as it eats up every available system resource. 

My two options so far are: make those clips offline, which is a pain and only works when I don't need them, or turn off transcription altogether, which then just removes all my existing transcription???

I upgraded to 24.2.1 because the previous verison crashed 6 to 12 times a day. I'm getting real sick of paying a subscription to a product that's permanently broken. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability , Sound , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Thanks for your reply - please let me know whenever you can send me a repro or can send me your system config. In the meantime - if you turn transcription off you should have these two options to manually transcribe clips (the context menu in the project panel also works on multi selections):

Context Menu from the project panel:

Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 07.36.03.png
Flyout menu in the text panel: 

Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 07.35.49.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - this is an area that we're looking at improving - particularly making sure that non-speech clips are not transcribed at all. While this is still being worked at, would one of the following solutions work for you?

- Disable Auto Transcription completely (Settings->Transcription->Automatically Transcribe Clips). You can of course still manually use transcription on the source clips you need or want to have transcribed. I read that you mentioned you tried that and it removed all your existing transcriptions. That should not be the case. Can you tell me how to reproduce that behaviour?

- Set auto transcription mode to "Only in timeline". While maybe not optimal - this would at least ensure that only clips that are in the timeline are transcribed. 

All that said - I am surprised about two things:
a) If you cancel a transcription on a clip, that should be sticky and that clip should not try to auto tanscribe ever again. Is that not the case for you?
b) You say that transcription is eating all your resources - normally transcription only works on a subset of your systems resources so I am surprised it has such an impact on your system. 

Can you send me (via PM or via this boad) a message that shows your system configuration and ideally a video where you can show me what's happening? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I get a source with mixed audio, I use Apple Logic's Stem Splitter to separate the dialog so that it can be worked with as it ideally would have been delivered.

If I didn't already own Logic, I'd probably use https://www.lalal.ai (starts at $18).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling Auto Transcription randomly removed some existing transcripts but not all. I have since re-enabled it and offlined the trouble clips so that I can get the work I need done done. When it was off I tried to use the "transcribe source" feature but that seemed to be missing ...? 

The trouble with "Only in timeline" is that I am importing these SFX and music to use IN timelines, so as soon as I drop them in it sets off the Auto Transcribe: back to square one.

Your two suprises:

a) Yup, I have cancelled the transcription on SFX of a milk frother, police siren, and outdoor ambience about 25-50 times each now. They always come back.

b) It kills my resources to the point that editing is functionally impossible. Moving a single clip on the timeline almost crashes the whole program. It resolves immediatly soon as I turn off all transcription. 

I'm working on a deadline this week, so I don't have time to recreate the issue atm. I will get back to you when I can,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply - please let me know whenever you can send me a repro or can send me your system config. In the meantime - if you turn transcription off you should have these two options to manually transcribe clips (the context menu in the project panel also works on multi selections):

Context Menu from the project panel:

Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 07.36.03.png
Flyout menu in the text panel: 

Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 07.35.49.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

liams27115992_0-1720724278905.png

Every Single Time I open the project it tries to transcribe these files, and everytime I have to stop it, while PP freezes or slows down. Sometimes it crashes during this proccess. Oftentimes it also tries transcribing them again later in the day. Nothign I can do permanently resolves this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @liams27115992,

I updated the status of this bug report.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@liams27115992 

It sounds like you have Automatic Transcription enabled.

Go to Preferences > Transcription> Automatic Transcription and disable "Automatically transcribe clips".

- Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate