• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Autosaves take faux-focus (when PPro is hidden)

Enthusiast ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I hide PPro, autosaves will bring PPro into focus when it begins an auto-save.

That is, it activates and displays all the hidden windows. So if you're typing in a browser (which has, for example, the Adobe Support Community open), PPro will suddenly appear on top of the active browser window. What is particularly annoying about this bug is that PPro will actually not be 'active', in the sense that the menu bar will still show the browser as being focus, in spite of the fact that it is behind the PPro windows.

R.

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Hello @Remote Index,

Thanks for the message. I apologize for the lack of response to this bug report. Checking back in with you. Are you still having this issue? There were improvements to this feature a few versions ago.

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think premiere autosaves if you haven't made any changes (I've got my autosave interval set at 5 minutes (I'm a belt and suspenders guy) and I've got Premiere running in the background.  I've been browsing this forum for well more than 5 minutes and haven't seen an autosave...

so if you switch out of premiere to a browser or whatever, it's probably a good idea for premiere to still autosave...  might be programming issues to have it happen in the background.   And there have been other complaints here about this.  Might want to post a bug report to see exactly what's going on...

But can imagine the screaming here if people lost work because they switched to another program that crashed the system.    Had a friend in the early days of avid who never stopped moving her mouse...  she was nervous...  and she had a crash and lost a full days work because avid didn't autosave if there was mouse movement...  we don't want to play fast and loose with autosave functionality.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Remote Index,

Thanks for the message. I apologize for the lack of response to this bug report. Checking back in with you. Are you still having this issue? There were improvements to this feature a few versions ago.

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kevin, thanks for your follow up.

Have you been able to reproduce this issue?

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines