• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Documentation - Audio Channels (Incomprehensible?)

Enthusiast ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the page here:

“Audio Channel Mapping in Premiere Pro” 

Issues:

“To enable or disable an audio channel, select or deselect the Enable option for a source channel.”
I think the “Enable option” is intended to mean check boxes? The check boxes correspond to both source channels and output channels (not just source channels).

“When you view a clip with remapped source channels in a Timeline panel, the tracks appear in ascending order. However, the mapping determines their associated source channels.”
I have no idea what is intended by these statements. Maybe this isintended to describe channel labelling on clips in tracks in the timeline. Perhaps there is a conflation of “tracks” and “channels” here - taken at face value, this statement is saying that the source channels on a given timeline track are determined by mapping. Strictly speaking this is true, but the statement actually isn’t clarifying anything. (Also "ascending order" is a questionable way to describe the way tracks - or channels - appear in the timeline since track 1 is at the top)

“To map a source channel to a different output track or channel, drag a track or channel icon to another source channel row. This step swaps the output channels or tracks for the two source channels.”
An explanation is needed of what a “channel icon” is and how to drag it.
There are non-draggable channels listed and non-draggable check boxes but no “channel icons”.

Break all stereo tracks into mono tracks
Choose Edit > Preferences > Audio
In the Source Channel Mapping area, choose Mono from the Stereo Media menu.
No "channel mapping" area exists here.

But really there's a fundamental problem with this page in that it doesn't address how clip channels interact with timeline channels interact with hardware channels - all this must be inferred.

R.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Hello @Remote Index,

I have marked this as needing more info.

I have asked engineering to review this article. I have also requested Adobe Experts to look at it. They may have more questions for you. I hope that is OK.

I will follow up with both and ensure some action is being taken.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Remote Index,

I have marked this as needing more info.

I have asked engineering to review this article. I have also requested Adobe Experts to look at it. They may have more questions for you. I hope that is OK.

I will follow up with both and ensure some action is being taken.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Remote Index,

Thanks for the message. The developers cannot directly address this bug (it is a docs team issue). However, I can work with you on the issue via the Adobe Experts program. We have a plan in place to file such an issue. Feel free to PM me about the topic, and we can work on it together. Moving to Discussions.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines