• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DVA Core Error. Premiere will not even open. Please Help!

New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DVA Core Error. Premiere will not even open. Error Message reads "dvacore::config::Localizer not initialized. Check dvacore/config/Localizer.h." Any idea how I fix this?

error 1.png

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
19 Comments
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you should reinstall. If it comes up with the same errors, you can run the Adobe Cleaner after you uninstall the programs and before you re-install them: Also, reboot your computer between steps even if you are not asked to...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Be sure to backup your preferences, workspaces, etc before you run the cleaner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like that didn't work. 😞

I ran the cleaner to it's max, running it on all adobe files and such. Had to reinstall creative cloud and Premiere, but the exact same message is still coming up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I work for a school and this is technically their computer. Even though I've had this computer for almost a year now and I've never had this problem before, for some reason this error now happens when I am at home, not when I am at school. Thankfully I am able to use Premiere at work. Any idea why this message comes up when I am at home? I tried using the Adobe cleaner utility, but no luck. (See previous comment). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a non english keyboard, or are running in non-english? Windows I'm guessing

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyboard is in english. Running Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Localizer is typically a language element. I'm stumped if Adobe Cleaner does not work. I'll suggest you try contacting Adobe, here's a link: https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html. Let us know what you find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on windows 11, got the same error. The way i got it to work was by allowing the blocked (premiere pro) apps in: Windows Security -> Manage Ransomware Protection -> Allow an app through Controlled folder access -> Add an allowed app. I don't know this even exists in Win10 but i hope this helped a little...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found the setting, it's certainly worth a try. Mine was off. I turned it on, and got into PP no problem. It may have seemed slower, but I can't say for sure on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you find the setting?

I'm having the exact same issue today.

I went to Windows security but couldn't find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please J, are you running US English, no other language, keyboard, etc. Win 10 or 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, running just english and windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same error and was unable to open Premiere. I uninstalled Premiere from the Creative Cloud app (click 'keep' to hold on to your settings), then installed the previous version of Premiere. Next to the 'Install' button, click the three dots and you'll be able to install previous versions. I went back to 23.3 and it opened for me just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was experiencing the exact same issue.  Everything had been working fine for months and then all of the sudden this error message would pop up and the app would crash upon launch.  I tried everything, and then noticed that after getting rid of the error message, the app would crash at a "QuickTimeImporter" prompt.  So, I tried installing Quicktime Player and now all of the sudden my Premiere Pro works again.

TLDR:  Try installing Quicktime Player and this issue should be resolved.  Worked for me at least!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Decided! Simultaneously with the error, a message pops up from Windows Security. Windows 11. I went into this warning, got into Manage Ransomware Protection -> Allow an app through Controlled folder access -> Add an allowed app. I opened the permission for all adobe programs and it all worked. It took 1 minute, better than reinstalling the whole adobe))

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Down graded to 23.3 and it works again.  It told me I had to update my Intel Graphcis board and I dont even have one.

Try uninstall, clean nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this exact problem.  Turns out it was because I had changed my Documents location to point to a share on my NAS drive instead of the default C:\Users\UserName\Documents folder.  It was unavailable because I was working away from home, and it seems Premiere needs the Documents folder to run properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

So what I did to fix this problem:

1. Go to Creative Cloud - click your profile - choose Preferences - Apps - and there change Install location to your local C disk location - Click Done.

2. Go to your Creative Cloud Apps - Find the app what did not working for you example for me it was Adobe Premiere - Uninstall it.

3. After you unintsalled, go ahead and install the same app but older verison. (it can't be the version what you have had installed before into your computer, because it will not save into your new location but into the old one. That because you need to install the older version. After install click open.

Your welocome! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks guy! I had to go back to 23.0, but it definitely helped. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate