• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enhance Speech (Ai) duplicates analyze process

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time I open Premiere (24.5) on my M2 Mac Studio, it automatically begins re-analyzing all of my dialog clips which I previously had worked with & enabled enhance audio in a previous session. While this takes a while, my main issue is that the program duplicates the analysis process for some clips specifically. For example, it will list the same "Enhancing speech" process for the same clip multiple times. See my attached screenshot.

When the first clip in the process list has completed enhancing, the subsequent clips (identical clips, with the same name) stay at 0% and never begin processing. I'd be able to work around this, except when either rendering audio to view my waveforms (which also mysteriously dissapear on some clips and not others when re-starting the program), it gets stuck and cannot render because the audio enhancer is stuck at 0 still. If I cancel all processes (which is only sometimes an available button for me), I can render as normal.

I believe the main source of trouble with my issue is that I have three multicam interviews that I have nested individually, and brought my nested subclips into an additional, new timeline to work with as a whole. I've done this before and not had significant issues, but this project file is much larger than ones in the past. Thanks!

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Effects , Sound

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Hey Collin,

I'm Kevin from Support, one of the mods here. Welcome to the Premiere Pro bugs forum. Glad to have you. Thanks for the bug report. Very odd. I've not heard of this problem before. Any other info you can give is very welcome. See, How do I write a bug report?

I hope the team can help you soon. Sorry about all this.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Collin,

I'm Kevin from Support, one of the mods here. Welcome to the Premiere Pro bugs forum. Glad to have you. Thanks for the bug report. Very odd. I've not heard of this problem before. Any other info you can give is very welcome. See, How do I write a bug report?

I hope the team can help you soon. Sorry about all this.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The status of this bug report has been updated.

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply Kevin. It's encouraging to see your response - I've definitely found many helpful tips here in the forum from your replies in the past. My apologies for not providing all of my operating system data:

Probelm description: (previous post, summarized - ) Enhance Audio duplicates enhance process multiple times on the same clip, never initializes, causes issues rendering if not cancelled (screenshot in previous post).

This is Premiere 24.5

Mac Sonoma 14.3.1

Mac Studio M2 Max, 32 Ram

Project file & footage located on a 4TB external Sandisk Extreme SSD (No issues on this drive with other projects).

Important note: when traveling with this same project file, I work on a base model 2021 M1 Macbook Pro (M1 Pro chip), 16gb ram, running Sonoma 14.4.1 (newer build), and still have the same issue.

Video format is Sony XAVC S 4k at 24f for the clips that are causing the issue, scaled to a 1080p sequence that has some 120f clips.

Reitterating that my workflow here is three nested multicam sequences (3 separate two camera interviews with an additional audio recorder & lav mic for each), PROXIED, and those nested subclips brought into a 'master' sequence to assemble. I ran enhance speech on the source audio clips (the lavalier tracks) before nesting, and have no essential audio running on the nested clips.

The problem occurs when I start premiere, open the project file, and then move the playhead through my timeline by even one frame. No waveform is displayed at this point either for some reason, and I typically have to render all audio in the sequence each time I start the program. If I start premiere, open the project, and do NOT move the playhead in the timeline, the audio enhance process will not initiate. It does not do so until the playhead is moved. At this point, one initial process is started for either one or all three of the interview clips (it seems compltetely random which one it chooses, most of the time not all), and then about a minute or two later, I watch the process multiply up to 10-15 times on the process monitor there. 

Once the initial process is complete, I can render waveform audio and work with my tracks there in my master sequence, but the 10-15 additional enhance processes are still pending. This, I believe, is what gives me a render error when I try to export. If I close and re-open the project, not scrubbing through the timeline with the playhead, I can export normally.

It's as if Premiere does not save the enhanced audio or waveform anywhere each time I close the program at the end of the day - and it's getting tied up trying to figure it out again each morning. Re-stating this happens both on my M2 Studio and M1 Macbook. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate